- The report contains detailed information about New Medium Enterprises, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for New Medium Enterprises, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The New Medium Enterprises, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes New Medium Enterprises, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of New Medium Enterprises, Inc. business.
About New Medium Enterprises, Inc.
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. develops the Versatile Multilayer Optical Disc and related products.
The company is organized into three operating divisions: Optics, Electronics, and Media Division.
Optics Division: This division is responsible for the development of the VMD disc in its entirety, from mastering, replication, printing to packaging besides the VMD replication lines in collaboration with a consortium partners.
Electronics Division: This division handles development of High Definition Optical Disc players. It has released sample products in the U.S.A., France, Germany, East Europe, Australia, Poland and India.
Media Division: Authoring Software and Creative Services - This division is responsible for the development of the HD format for the optical discs themselves together with authoring tools for the media industry to enable them to display their film content on the companys VMD discs.
Versatile Multilayer Disc (VMD) DISCS
The HD VMD disc would be produced in various formats: Read Only, Write Once, Re-Writable, and Read Only/Re-Writable Combined. The discs also employ a self protect feature that protects the discs data from analysis after manufacture. The disc architecture serves as an additional protection from copyright violations.
VMD Replication Line
VMD discs can be produced by making modifications to the sputtering and bonding processes of a dual layer disc replication line, thus making use of the infrastructure of red-laser based DVD replication technology. The company intends to manufacture through one of its vendors.
The companys players contain a chipset that enables HD content on VMD discs to be read by a red laser DVD player. The drive used in a VMD player is similar to the standard DVD RW drive except for modifications to the firmware to instruct the laser to read multiple layers. The modifications in the software re-calibrate the red laser, enabling it to read data on all data layers.
Authoring and Encoding Software
The company has developed its own VMD authoring software. This software is used by the company to author content for conversion into HD VMD for its use only. The company has been working on building a content library. It is in discussion with different film studios and independent content distributors in China, Japan, Germany, France, Iceland, Poland, Scandinavia, Russia, US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and India.
Sales and Marketing
The company has representatives in France, Germany, Japan, China, Brazil and India. It has also established two companies in China, New Medium Enterprises Asia Pacific Ltd. (NME Asia Pacific) and New Medium Enterprises China Ltd. (NME China). Both of these companies are wholly owned subsidiaries of the company and have been formed for joint ventures, to handle operations, and to work in conjunction with the principal existing Chinese market manufacturers and distributors to promote the companys products.
The companys potential principal suppliers and vendors are: VDL-ODMS BV, The Netherlands - for Engineering and VMD replication line; AWM Switzerland - for mould manufacturing; Plasmon, France - for optical mastering and stamper manufacturing; Asus International - for production of drives to be used in Players; DaTARIUS for offline quality control; Ilsemann for Packaging; Netstal Maschinen, Switzerland - for Injection Molding systems; and Dr. Schenk, GmbH - for VMD scanner project.
The companys competitors include Sony and Toshiba.
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1999. The company was formerly known as Shopoverseas.com, Inc. and changed its name to New Medium Enterprises, Inc. in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of New Medium Enterprises, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of New Medium Enterprises, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEW MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Major Shareholders
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. History
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Offices and Representations
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
New Medium Enterprises, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?