- The report contains detailed information about DXP Enterprises Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DXP Enterprises Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DXP Enterprises Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DXP Enterprises Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DXP Enterprises Inc. business.
About DXP Enterprises Inc.
DXP Enterprises, Inc. distributes maintenance, repair, and operating products, equipment, and services to industrial customers.
The company is organized into two segments: Maintenance, Repair and Operating (MRO) and Electrical Contractor.
The MRO segment provides MRO products, equipment and integrated services, including technical design expertise and logistics capabilities, to industrial customers. The company provides a range of MRO products in the fluid handling equipment, bearing, power transmission equipment, general mill, safety supply, and electrical products categories.
The company also provides integrated services, such as system design, fabrication, installation, repair and maintenance for its customers. It offers a range of industrial MRO products, equipment and services through MRO solutions, ranging from traditional distribution to fully integrated supply contracts. The integrated solution is modified to satisfy its customers needs.
SmartSource, the companys proprietary integrated supply programs, allows a way to manage the customers supply chain needs for MRO products. The company serves as a distributor of approximately 1,000,000 items of which approximately 45,000 are stock keeping units (SKUs) for use primarily by customers engaged in the general manufacturing, oil and gas, petrochemical, service and repair and wood products industries. Other industries served by its MRO segment include mining, construction, chemical, municipal, food and beverage, agriculture and pulp and paper.
The companys MRO products include a range of products in the fluid handling equipment, bearing, power transmission equipment, general mill, safety products, and electrical products. The companys products are distributed from 112 service centers, 50 supply chain locations and 6 distribution centers.
The companys fluid handling equipment line includes a line of centrifugal pumps for transfer and process service applications, such as petrochemicals, refining and crude oil production; rotary gear pumps for low- to medium-pressure service applications, such as pumping lubricating oils and other viscous liquids; plunger and piston pumps for high-pressure service applications, such as salt water injection and crude oil pipeline service; and air-operated diaphragm pumps. The company also provides various pump accessories.
The companys bearing products include various types of mounted and unmounted bearings for various applications. The hose products the company distributes include a selection of industrial fittings and stainless steel hoses, hydraulic hoses, Teflon hoses and expansion joints, as well as hoses for chemical, petroleum, air and water applications.
The company distributes seal products for downhole, wellhead, valve and completion equipment to oilfield service companies. The power transmission products the company distributes include speed reducers, flexible-coupling drives, chain drives, sprockets, gears, conveyors, clutches, brakes and hoses.
The company offers a range of general mill supplies, such as abrasives, tapes and adhesive products, coatings and lubricants, cutting tools, fasteners, hand tools, janitorial products, pneumatic tools, welding supplies and welding equipment. The company offers a range of fluid power and hydraulics solutions. Its safety products include eye and face protection products, first aid products, hand protection products, hazardous material handling products, instrumentation and respiratory protection products. The company distributes a range of electrical products, such as wire conduit, wiring devices, electrical fittings and boxes, signaling devices, heaters, tools, switch gear, lighting, lamps, tape, lugs, wire nuts, batteries, fans and fuses. In addition to distributing MRO products, the company provides pumping solutions. DXP provides fabrication and technical design to meet the capital equipment needs of its customers. Pump packages require MRO and original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, equipment and parts such as pumps, motors and valves, and consumable products, such as welding supplies.
Electrical Contractor segment
The Electrical Contractor segment sells a range of electrical products, such as wire conduit, wiring devices, electrical fittings and boxes, signaling devices, heaters, tools, switch gear, lighting, lamps, tape, lugs, wire nuts, batteries, fans and fuses, to electrical contractors. The segment has one owned warehouse/sales facility in Memphis, Tennessee. The company acquires its electrical products through various OEMs. The company is authorized to distribute the manufacturers' products in specific geographic areas.
DXP Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1908.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DXP Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DXP Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DXP Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DXP Enterprises Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DXP Enterprises Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DXP ENTERPRISES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DXP Enterprises Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DXP Enterprises Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DXP Enterprises Inc. Major Shareholders
DXP Enterprises Inc. History
DXP Enterprises Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DXP Enterprises Inc. Offices and Representations
DXP Enterprises Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DXP Enterprises Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DXP Enterprises Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
DXP Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
DXP Enterprises Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DXP Enterprises Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DXP Enterprises Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DXP Enterprises Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
DXP Enterprises Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
DXP Enterprises Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DXP Enterprises Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DXP Enterprises Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?