- The report contains detailed information about Insight Enterprises Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Insight Enterprises Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Insight Enterprises Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Insight Enterprises Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Insight Enterprises Inc. business.
About Insight Enterprises Inc.
Insight Enterprises, Inc. provides brand-name information technology (IT) hardware, software and services to small, medium and large businesses and public sector institutions in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia-Pacific.
The company provides technology solutions, helping companies around the world design, enable, manage and secure their IT environment with its process knowledge, technical expertise and product fulfillment and logistics capabilities. The company's offerings in North America and the United Kingdom include IT hardware, software and services. The companys offerings in the remainder of its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) segment and in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) only include software and select software-related services.
Hardware, Software and Services Offerings
Hardware Offerings: The company offers its clients in North America and the United Kingdom a selection of IT hardware products. It offers products from manufacturers, including such manufacturers as Hewlett-Packard (HP), Cisco, Lenovo, IBM, Panasonic and American Power Conversion Corporation (APC). In addition to its distribution facilities, the company has direct-ship programs with many of its partners, including manufacturers and distributors, through the use of EDI and XML links allowing the company to expand its product offerings without further increasing inventory, handling costs or inventory risk exposure.
Software Offerings: The companys clients acquire software applications from the company in the form of licensing agreements with software publishers, boxed products, or through a delivery model, Software as a Service (SaaS). Under SaaS, clients subscribe to software that is hosted by the software publisher on the Internet. The majority of its clients obtain their software applications through licensing agreements.
Services Offerings: The company offers a suite of professional services in the U.S. and the United Kingdom via its own field service personnel, augmented by services partners to fill gaps in its geographic coverage or capabilities. The company also utilizes partners to deliver these services in Canada. In addition, it offers managed services in the U.S.
The company has various specific solutions/value-added practice areas, including infrastructure, data center, security, and collaboration. These technology practice groups are responsible for understanding client needs and, together with its technology partners, customizing total solutions that address those needs.
Infrastructure: The company offers services to plan, design, implement, and support the operation of wired and wireless networks. Solution offerings also include network strategy, network assessment and application delivery infrastructure services.
Data Center: Using technology and products from various partners, the company provides servers, data disk arrays, hard drives, tape libraries, blades, and virtualization software to help clients build and maintain responsive IT infrastructures that allow them to quickly adapt to changes in business priorities. It also provides IT professional services for designing, implementing and managing adaptive server and storage environments for its clients.
Security: The companys security solutions include a range of offerings, including: strategy solutions to quantify the skills, methodologies and experience needed for a security program; assessment solutions to help clients identify gaps and risks, as well as make the right decisions to manage them; security design, implementation and operation services; security compliance solutions to help clients make certain their internal processes are able to repel attempts to breach security; and risk and vulnerability assessments in which security testing is utilized to highlight unmanaged security risks.
Collaboration: The company offers its clients an integrated combination of email, chat, audio, video and Web conferencing capabilities. It offers its clients a suite of services.
The company provides advice on hardware, software licensing and financing programs; streamline procurement; plans and manages the rollout; assists with developing standards and implementing practices; pre-configure systems, load custom software images and tag assets; provides logistics planning and drop-ship to locations; provides on-site implementation; offers help desk support for users; and provides IT maintenance services and disposal of equipment at end-of-life. These services are available primarily in the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom.
In addition, the company offers clients a portfolio of Software Asset Management (SAM) services, including SAM consultation, assessment of ISO standard attainment, license reconciliations, and its proprietary Insight:LicenseAdvisor SAM solution platform. Its SAM services are provided to clients throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
During 2009, the company purchased products and software from approximately 5,500 partners. These purchases were from Microsoft, a software publisher, Ingram Micro, a distributor, HP, a manufacturer, Cisco, a manufacturer, and Tech Data, a distributor.
The company's competitors include product manufacturers, such as Dell, HP, IBM and Lenovo; software publishers, such as IBM, Microsoft and Symantec; direct marketers and resellers, such as CDW Corporation (North America), Systemax (Europe), SoftChoice, PC Ware and SHI International Corporation; systems integrators, such as Compucom Systems, Inc.; national and global service providers, such as IBM Global Services and HP/EDS; and e-tailers, such as New Egg, Buy.com, and e-Buyer (United Kingdom).
Insight Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Insight Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Insight Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Insight Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Insight Enterprises Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Insight Enterprises Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INSIGHT ENTERPRISES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Insight Enterprises Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Insight Enterprises Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Insight Enterprises Inc. Major Shareholders
Insight Enterprises Inc. History
Insight Enterprises Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Insight Enterprises Inc. Offices and Representations
Insight Enterprises Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Insight Enterprises Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Insight Enterprises Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Insight Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Insight Enterprises Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Insight Enterprises Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Insight Enterprises Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Insight Enterprises Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Insight Enterprises Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Insight Enterprises Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Insight Enterprises Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Insight Enterprises Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?