- The report contains detailed information about Silgan Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Silgan Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Silgan Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Silgan Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Silgan Holdings Inc. business.
About Silgan Holdings Inc.
Silgan Holdings Inc. manufactures metal and plastic consumer goods packaging products.
The company conducts its business through three segments, including Metal Food Container Business, Closures Business, and Plastic Container Business.
Metal Food Containers
This segment operates as a manufacturer of metal food containers in North America. Its metal food container business engages in the manufacture and sale of steel and aluminum containers that are used primarily by processors and packagers for food products, such as soup, vegetables, fruit, meat, tomato based products, coffee, seafood, adult nutritional drinks, pet food and other miscellaneous food products.
This segment operates as a manufacturer of metal, composite and plastic vacuum closures for food and beverage products. Closures business provides customers with various proprietary metal, composite, and plastic vacuum closures that ensure closure quality and safety, as well as capping/sealing equipment and detection systems. The company has 14 manufacturing facilities located in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America, from which it serves approximately 70 countries worldwide.
The company manufactures metal, composite, and plastic vacuum closures for food and beverage products, such as juices and juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas, sports and energy drinks, ketchup, salsa, pickles, tomato sauce, soup, cooking sauces, gravies, fruits, vegetables, preserves, baby food, baby juices, infant formula, and dairy products. It offers its customers a range of printing options for its closures. The company also provides customers with sealing/capping equipment and detection systems to complement its closure product offering for food and beverage products.
This segment produces plastic containers from a range of resin materials and offers a range of molding and decorating capabilities. It manufacturer custom designed high density polyethylene (HDPE), and polyethylene terephthalate (PET), containers for the personal care market in North America.
The company manufactures custom designed and stock HDPE containers for personal care and health care products, including containers for shampoos, conditioners, hand creams, lotions, cosmetics and toiletries; household and industrial chemical products, including containers for scouring cleaners, cleaning agents and lawn, garden and agricultural chemicals; and pharmaceutical products, including containers for tablets, antacids and eye cleaning solutions. It manufactures custom designed and stock PET containers for mouthwash, shampoos, conditioners, respiratory and gastrointestinal products, liquid soap, skin care lotions, peanut butter, salad dressings, condiments and liquor. Additionally, it manufactures plastic tubes primarily for personal care products such as skin lotions and hair treatment products. The company also manufactures plastic containers, closures, caps, sifters and fitments for food, household and pet care products, including salad dressings, peanut butter, spices, liquid margarine, powdered drink mixes and arts and crafts supplies, as well as thermoformed plastic tubs for personal care and household products, including soft fabric wipes, and its Omni plastic container (a multi-layer microwaveable and retortable plastic bowl) for food products.
Metal Food Container Business: The companys customers include Campbell, Del Monte, General Mills, Inc., Hills Pet Nutrition, Inc., Hormel Foods Corp., or Hormel, Nestle, Pacific Coast, Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, Seneca Foods L.L.C., and Treehouse Foods, Inc.
Closures Business: The companys customers include Andros Group, Campbell, The Coca-Cola Company, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc., Heinz Group, Hipp GmbH & CoKG, Nestle Group, PepsiCo Inc., Schwartau Group, Treehouse Foods, Inc., and Unilever N.V.
Plastic Container Business: The companys customers include Alberto Culver USA, Inc., Avon Products Inc., The Carriage House Inc., The Clorox Company, Kraft Foods, Inc., LOreal, Johnson & Johnson, The Procter & Gamble Company, Treehouse Foods, Inc., Unilever Home and Personal Care North America and Best Foods (units of Unilever, N.V.), and Vi-Jon Inc.
Metal Food Container Business: The company competes with Ball Corporation and Crown Holdings, Inc.
Closures Business: The company competes primarily with Berry Plastics Corporation, Crown Holdings, Inc., Groupe Massilly, Rank Group Plc, Rexam PLC, Tecnocap S.p.a., and Vogel & Noot Holding AG.
Plastic Container Business: The companys competitors include Alpla-Werke Alwin Lehner GmbH & Co., Amcor PET Packaging, Berry Plastics Corporation, CCL Industries Inc., Cebal Americas, Consolidated Container Company LLC, Constar International, Inc., Graham Packaging Company L.P., Plastipak Packaging Inc., Rexam PLC, and Sonoco Products Company.
Silgan Holdings Inc. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Silgan Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Silgan Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Silgan Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Silgan Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Packaging and Containers Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Silgan Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SILGAN HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Silgan Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Silgan Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Silgan Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Silgan Holdings Inc. History
Silgan Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Silgan Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Silgan Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Silgan Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Silgan Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Silgan Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Packaging and Containers Industry Statistics
Silgan Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Silgan Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Silgan Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Silgan Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Silgan Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Silgan Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Silgan Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Silgan Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?