- The report contains detailed information about Packaging Corp. of America that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Packaging Corp. of America. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Packaging Corp. of America financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Packaging Corp. of America competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Packaging Corp. of America business.
About Packaging Corp. of America
Packaging Corporation of America produces containerboard and corrugated products in the United States. The companys corrugated products manufacturing plants produce corrugated packaging products, including conventional shipping containers used to protect and transport manufactured goods, multi-color boxes and displays with visual appeal that help to merchandise the packaged product in retail locations. In addition, it produces meat boxes and wax-coated boxes for the agricultural industry.
PCA Operations and Products
The companys two linerboard mills can manufacture a range of linerboard grades ranging from 26 lb. to 96 lb. Its two semi-chemical corrugating medium mills can manufacture grades ranging in weight from 20 lb. to 47 lb.
Counce: The companys Counce, Tennessee mill operates kraft linerboard mills in the United States. The mill produces a range of basis weights from 26 lb. to 90 lb. The mill also produces various performance and specialty grades of linerboard.
Valdosta: The companys Valdosta, Georgia mill operates a kraft linerboard mill. Valdosta produces linerboard ranging from 35 lb. to 96 lb.
Tomahawk: The companys Tomahawk, Wisconsin mill is a semi-chemical corrugating medium mills in the United States. The Tomahawk mill produces a range of basis weights from 23 lb. to 47 lb. and various performance and specialty grades of corrugating medium.
Filer City: The companys Filer City, Michigan mill is a semi-chemical corrugating medium mill. Filer City produces corrugating medium grades ranging in basis weight from 20 lb. to 47 lb.
The company operates 68 corrugated manufacturing operations, a technical and development center, 6 regional graphic design centers, a rotogravure printing operation and a complement of packaging supplies and distribution centers. It has corrugated manufacturing operations in 26 states in the U.S., with no manufacturing facilities outside of the continental U.S. The company produces various products ranging from basic corrugated shipping containers to specialized packaging, such as wax-coated boxes for the agriculture industry.
The company leases the cutting rights to approximately 91,000 acres of timberland located near its Counce and Valdosta mills.
The company has in place supply agreements covering approximately 352,000 of the 800,000 acres sold. The majority of the acreage under supply agreement is located in close proximity to its Counce mill. The company holds an approximate 29% equity ownership interest in approximately 51,000 acres owned by Southern Timber Venture, LLC (STV). This acreage is located primarily in southern Georgia and northern Florida, near its Valdosta, Georgia mill, and includes both timberlands and higher beneficial use properties.
The companys Forest Management Assistance Program provides professional forestry assistance to private timberland owners to improve harvest yields and to optimize their harvest schedule. It has managed the regeneration of approximately 125,000 acres by supplying pine seedlings. PCA also participates in the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
On a national level, the companys primary competitors include International Paper Company, Georgia-Pacific (owned by Koch Industries, Inc.), Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation, and Temple-Inland Inc. Its principal competitors with respect to sales of its containerboard produced but not consumed at its own corrugated products plants are various paper companies, including International Paper Company, Georgia-Pacific, Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation, and Temple-Inland Inc.
Packaging Corporation of America was founded in 1867.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Packaging Corp. of America Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Packaging Corp. of America and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Packaging Corp. of America and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Packaging Corp. of America Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Packaging and Containers Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Packaging Corp. of America Industry Position Analysis
6. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PACKAGING CORP. OF AMERICA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Packaging Corp. of America Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Packaging Corp. of America Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Packaging Corp. of America Major Shareholders
Packaging Corp. of America History
Packaging Corp. of America Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Packaging Corp. of America Offices and Representations
Packaging Corp. of America SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Packaging Corp. of America Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Packaging Corp. of America Capital Market Snapshot
Packaging Corp. of America Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Packaging and Containers Industry Statistics
Packaging Corp. of America Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Packaging Corp. of America Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Packaging Corp. of America Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Packaging Corp. of America 1-year Stock Charts
Packaging Corp. of America 5-year Stock Charts
Packaging Corp. of America vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Packaging Corp. of America vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Packaging Corp. of America Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?