- The report contains detailed information about DSP Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DSP Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DSP Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DSP Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DSP Group Inc. business.
About DSP Group Inc.
DSP Group, Inc. is a provider of wireless chipset solutions for converged communications at home. The company provides a portfolio of wireless chipsets integrating Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT), Wi-Fi, Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)/Communications over Internet Protocol (CoIP) technologies with application processors.
The company offers various technologies, including Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS), Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS), Orthogonal Frequency Digital Modulation (OFDM), Digital Narrow Band, Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS), Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) technology, and Silicon.
The company is an active member in all relevant cordless industry standardization bodies, such as the DECT Forum and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute.
Target Markets and DSP Group Products
Products Targeted for Digital Cordless Telephony
The company is a provider of chipsets for cordless telephony applications. The companys XceedR cordless chipsets provide a total integrated digital cordless solution that includes all required digital baseband, analog interface and RF functionality. XceedR enables worldwide coverage, supporting all RF bands and cordless protocols, such as: 1.7GHz -1.9GHz DECTused in Europe, the U.S. (DECT6.0), Korea and Latin America; 2.4GHzused in Japan, China and the U.S.; the protocols for this RF band is its proprietary EDCT and WDCT (Wireless Digital Cordless Technology) protocols; and 5.8GHzused in the U.S. with its proprietary EDCT cordless protocol.
The XceedR chipset portfolio combines wireless communications technology with a range of telephony features, and audio and voice-processing algorithms.
The XceedR chipset portfolio is comprised of two familiesXceedR DE and XceedR DCX:
The XceedR DE chipset family is a family of integrated digital baseband processors RF chips for digital cordless telephony. The chipset is used to develop fully integrated cordless telephone systems, digital answering machines, digital voice recorders (DVRs), digital baby monitors, and other low-to-mid-range audio applications. The XceedR DE family maintains multi-line, multi-handset and digital answering machine capabilities, while supporting various RF protocols such as DECT (1.7GHz-1.9GHz), FHSS DECT 2.4GHz, and EDCT 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz.
Supporting all RF bands, the XceedR DCX chipset family offers a total integrated digital cordless telephone solution that includes a digital baseband controller, analog interface, RF transceiver, and power amplifier. Comprised of Flash-based chips and a set of ROM-based products with various memory configurations, the XceedR DCX chipset family meets all digital cordless application needs.
Products Targeted for the VoIP Market
The company sells its line of VoIP speech co-processors, which are DSP core-based, highly-integrated speech processors, targeted at the low to medium density Integrated Access Device (IAD), residential gateway and VoIP telephony markets. These devices integrate all necessary DSP functionality with built-in analog front-end and support one to four channels of VoIP and FAX over IP for use in conjunction with other microprocessors to transmit VoIP-based public and private networks, including the Internet, local area networks (LANs), frame relay networks, DSL links, cable networks, other data networks and combined data/voice networks.
In 2005, the company developed an integrated CoIP telephony system that supports both PSTN line and broadband for the VoIP residential market, supporting Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) together with advanced TR-069 protocol, thereby enabling telecommunication operators remote control and remote upgrade of VoIP products. In 2008, the company continued to sell products for the CoIP market while developing a new platform based on ARM9, the VegaFireBird and VegaONE products, to the advanced IAD market.
The XciteR family of chipsets is based on the legacy VegaFireBird and provides embedded solutions for corded IP-phones to advanced cordless IP-phones with DECT handsets and headsets, which are based on
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DSP GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DSP GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DSP GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DSP GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DSP GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DSP Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DSP Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DSP Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DSP Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DSP Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DSP GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DSP GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DSP GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DSP GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DSP GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DSP GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DSP Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DSP Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DSP Group Inc. Major Shareholders
DSP Group Inc. History
DSP Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DSP Group Inc. Offices and Representations
DSP Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DSP Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DSP Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
DSP Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
DSP Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DSP Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DSP Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DSP Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
DSP Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
DSP Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DSP Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DSP Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?