- The report contains detailed information about InterDigital, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for InterDigital, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The InterDigital, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes InterDigital, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of InterDigital, Inc. business.
About InterDigital, Inc.
InterDigital, Inc. engages in the design and development of digital wireless technologies for use in digital cellular and wireless IEEE 802 related products and networks. The company offers licenses to its patents to equipment producers that manufacture, use, and sell digital cellular and IEEE 802 related products. In addition, the company offers for license or sale its SlimChip family of mobile broadband modem solutions to mobile device manufacturers, semiconductor companies and other equipment producers that manufacture, use and sell digital cellular products.
The companys solutions are incorporated in various products, including mobile devices, including cellular phones, wireless personal digital assistants and notebook computers, data cards and similar products; base stations and other wireless infrastructure equipment; and components for wireless devices.
Technology Solutions Development
The company is focusing its technology solutions development efforts on advanced cellular technologies. This includes further development of WCDMA technologies, including HSDPA/HSUPA, and 3GPP LTE technology. The company's development efforts also include adjacent wireless technologies within the wireless ecosystems and across converged devices, networks, and services.
The company also develops advanced IEEE 802 wireless technologies, in particular technology related to WLAN and digital cellular applications that include data rate and latency improvements to IEEE 802.11, handover among radio access technologies (IEEE 802.21) and wireless network management and security.
Wireless LAN, Mobility, and Security
The company is developing solutions addressing WLAN technology and mobility between WLAN and cellular networks. These projects support activities within the IEEE 802, ITU and 3GPP network architecture working groups. Technology development areas include improvements to the 802.11 PHY and MAC to increase peak data rates, handover between radio access technologies, mesh networks, wireless network management, and wireless network and device security.
3G WCDMA Technology Solutions Customers
Infineon Technologies AG: The company jointly developed and supports a 3G protocol stack for use in terminal units under its cooperative development, sales and alliance agreement with Infineon Technologies AG (Infineon). This 3G protocol stack has been commercially deployed and continues to be offered to mobile phone and semiconductor producers. The technology is operating on commercial networks around the world.
ST Ericsson (formerly ST-NXP Ericsson): In 2005, the company entered into an agreement with Philips Semiconductors (now ST Ericsson) to deliver physical layer HSDPA technology solution to ST Ericsson for integration into its family of Nexperia cellular system chipsets. Under the agreement, the company assists ST Ericsson with chip design and development, software modification and system integration and testing to implement HSDPA technology solution into the ST Ericsson chipset.
SK Telecom: The company has collaborated with SK Telecom to develop an advanced mobility solution for nationwide session continuity. In January 2008, the company and SK Telecom extended the collaboration to develop additional mobile wireless handover capability adding features to improve mobility between different radio technologies, including WiBro, UMTS, and cmda2000.
As of December 31, 2009, the company's patent portfolio consisted of 1,242 U.S. patents (187 of which issued in 2009), and 5,996 non-U.S. patents (1,048 of which issued in 2009). It also has various patent applications pending worldwide. It had 1,340 pending applications in the U.S. and 8,873 pending non-U.S. patent applications. The company offers non-exclusive, royalty-bearing patent licenses to companies that manufacture, import, use or sell, or intend to manufacture, import, use or sell, equipment that implements the inventions covered by its portfolio of patents.
InterDigital, Inc. was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERDIGITAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERDIGITAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERDIGITAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERDIGITAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERDIGITAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. InterDigital, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of InterDigital, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of InterDigital, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. InterDigital, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. InterDigital, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERDIGITAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERDIGITAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERDIGITAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERDIGITAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERDIGITAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERDIGITAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
InterDigital, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
InterDigital, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
InterDigital, Inc. Major Shareholders
InterDigital, Inc. History
InterDigital, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
InterDigital, Inc. Offices and Representations
InterDigital, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
InterDigital, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
InterDigital, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
InterDigital, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
InterDigital, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
InterDigital, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
InterDigital, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
InterDigital, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
InterDigital, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
InterDigital, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
InterDigital, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
InterDigital, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?