- The report contains detailed information about FormFactor Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FormFactor Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FormFactor Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FormFactor Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FormFactor Inc. business.
About FormFactor Inc.
FormFactor, Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, sale, and support of semiconductor wafer probe card products and solutions. The companys wafer probe cards are used by its customers in the front end of the semiconductor manufacturing process, as are its parametric or in-line probe cards.
The companys products are based on its proprietary technologies, including its MicroSpring interconnect technology and design tools. The companys MicroSpring interconnect technology, which includes resilient spring-like contact elements, enables the company to produce wafer probe cards for applications that require precision and signal integrity. The company manufactures its MicroSpring contact elements through precision micro-machining and scalable semiconductor-like wafer fabrication processes.
The companys MicroSpring contacts are springs that optimize the relative amounts of force on, and across, a bond pad during the test process and maintain their shape and position over a range of compression. The MicroSpring contact can be attached to various surfaces, or substrates, including printed circuit boards, silicon wafers, ceramics and various metalized surfaces.
The companys designers use this library to design an optimized custom wafer probe card for each customer-unique application. The companys MicroSpring contacts include geometrically precise tip structures. These tip structures are the part of its wafer probe cards that come into physical contact with the devices being tested, and are manufactured using proprietary micro-machining semiconductor-like processes. The companys wafer probe cards are custom products that are designed to order for its customers' wafer designs.
The company has developed wafer probe cards that use array sizes ranging from 50 mm × 50 mm up to array sizes suitable for contacting all die on a 300 mm wafer simultaneously, in combination with complex multi-layer printed circuit boards that the company has designed.
The companys proprietary design tools also enable the company to design wafer probe cards particularly suited for testing low voltage, high power chips, which require power supply performance. The companys MicroSpring interconnect technology is used to provide a low inductance, low resistance electrical path between the power source and the chip under test.
In February 2009, the company announced a new technology, the Harmony OneTouch ATC probe solution. The Harmony OneTouch is a full-wafer contact probe card for NAND and NOR Flash memory 300-mm wafer testing.
In October 2009, the company introduced its full-wafer contact probe card for NAND Flash devices called the TouchMatrix wafer probe card. The TouchMatrix probe card is specifically designed for test flows and enables testing of Flash devices down to sub 32-nm process nodes, including those integrating three-bit and four-bit memory cell architectures.
In December 2009, FormFactor introduced new products for DRAM and SoC device testing. The SmartMatrix100 probe solution is a 300-mm full-wafer contact platform that lowers test cost per die for mobile and commodity DRAM test applications and extends the life of the tester cell.
Sales and Marketing
The companys sales and marketing operations are located in Livermore, California, Dallas, Texas, the United States, Munich, Germany, Milan, Italy, Jubei City, Taiwan and Tokyo, Japan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, and Singapore.
The companys customers are Elpida, Intel Corporation, Spansion, and Powerchip.
The companys and potential competitors in the wafer probe card market include Advantest Corporation; Aehr Test Systems; AMST Co., Ltd.; Cascade Microtech, Inc.; Feinmetall GmbH; Korea Instrument Co., Ltd.; Japan Electronic Materials Corporation; SV Probe, Inc.; Micronics Japan Co., Ltd.; Microfriend Inc.; Technoprobe Asia Pte. Ltd.; MicroProbe, Inc.; TCS Memsys Corp.; Tokyo Cathode Laboratory Co., Ltd.; Tokyo Electron Ltd.; TSE Co., Ltd.; Verigy, Ltd.; and Wentworth Laboratories, Inc.
FormFactor, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FORMFACTOR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FORMFACTOR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FORMFACTOR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FORMFACTOR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FORMFACTOR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FormFactor Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FormFactor Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FormFactor Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FormFactor Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FormFactor Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FORMFACTOR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FORMFACTOR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FORMFACTOR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FORMFACTOR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FORMFACTOR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FORMFACTOR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FormFactor Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FormFactor Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FormFactor Inc. Major Shareholders
FormFactor Inc. History
FormFactor Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FormFactor Inc. Offices and Representations
FormFactor Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FormFactor Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FormFactor Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
FormFactor Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
FormFactor Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FormFactor Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FormFactor Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FormFactor Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
FormFactor Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
FormFactor Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FormFactor Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FormFactor Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?