- The report contains detailed information about Cavium Networks, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cavium Networks, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cavium Networks, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cavium Networks, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cavium Networks, Inc. business.
About Cavium Networks, Inc.
Cavium Networks, Inc. provides integrated semiconductor processors that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, storage, wireless, security, and video applications.
The companys products allow customers to develop networking, wireless, storage and electronic equipment that is application-aware and content-aware and processes voice, video and data traffic at high speeds. Its products also include a suite of embedded security protocols that enable unified threat management (UTM), secure connectivity, network perimeter protection, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), network virtualization, broadband gateways, 3G/4G wireless infrastructure, storage systems, wireless HDMI cable replacement, and embedded video applications. The companys products are systems on a chip (SoCs) which incorporate single or multiple processor cores, an integrated architecture and customizable software that is based on a range of standard operating systems.
The company sells its products to providers of networking equipment that sell into the enterprise network, data center, broadband and consumer, and access and service provider markets. Its products are used in an array of networking equipment, including routers, switches, content-aware switches, UTM and other security appliances, application-aware gateways, voice/video/data, or triple-play, gateways, wireless local area network (WLAN), and 3G/Wimax/Long Term Evolution (LTE access), aggregation and gateway devices, storage networking equipment, servers and intelligent network interface cards, Internet protocol (IP) surveillance systems, digital video recorders, wireless HDMI cable replacement systems, video conferencing systems and connected home and office equipment, such as print servers, wireless routers, and broadband gateways. The acquisition of MontaVista Software, Inc. (MontaVista) in December 2009 complements its portfolio of multi-core processors to deliver integrated and optimized embedded solutions to the market.
The company offers integrated semiconductors that provide single or multiple cores of processors, along with intelligent Layer 4 through 7 processing for enterprise network, data center, broadband and consumer, and access and service provider markets. Its MontaVista Software products offer commercial grade embedded Linux operating systems, development tools, support and services. Its software embedded Linux products provide an operating system and productivity tools across a range of embedded processors that are sold by the company.
The companys OCTEON, OCTEON Plus, and OCTEON II Multi-core MIPS64 processor families provide integrated Layer 4 through 7 data and security processing (with additional capabilities at Layers 2 and 3) at line speeds from 100Mbps to 40Gbps. OCTEON processors integrate control plane processing, packet processing, security processing and content acceleration, as well as a set of input/output interfaces in a single chip. The companys OCTEON processors have been adopted in various original equipment manufacturer (OEM) networking equipment, including routers, switches, content-aware switches, UTM, and other security appliances, application-aware gateways, voice/video/data, or triple-play, gateways, WLAN and 3G/4G access and aggregation devices, storage networking equipment, servers, and intelligent network interface cards.
The OCTEON Plus and OCTEON II processor families incorporate new interfaces and acceleration features for packet processing, quality of service and content processing for multimedia aware networking and 3G, 4G, and WiMax wireless applications over the previous generations. The OCTEON Plus and OCTEON II processor families also expanded OCTEONs core target markets in storage, wireless and control plane applications. The OCTEON Plus and OCTEON II processor families also provide hardware acceleration for storage applications, such as iSCSI, RAID 6 and data de-duplication and are aimed at iSCSI targets, Fiber Channel to iSCSI bridges and disk arrays.
The companys NITROX processor family offers security processors and Layer 7 content processors that provide the functionality required for Layer
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cavium Networks, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cavium Networks, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cavium Networks, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cavium Networks, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cavium Networks, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CAVIUM NETWORKS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cavium Networks, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cavium Networks, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cavium Networks, Inc. Major Shareholders
Cavium Networks, Inc. History
Cavium Networks, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cavium Networks, Inc. Offices and Representations
Cavium Networks, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cavium Networks, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cavium Networks, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cavium Networks, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Cavium Networks, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cavium Networks, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cavium Networks, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cavium Networks, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cavium Networks, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cavium Networks, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cavium Networks, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cavium Networks, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?