- The report contains detailed information about BigBand Networks, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BigBand Networks, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BigBand Networks, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BigBand Networks, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BigBand Networks, Inc. business.
About BigBand Networks, Inc.
BigBand Networks, Inc. develops, markets, and sells network-based platforms that enable cable multiple system operators (MSOs) and telecommunications companies to offer video services across coaxial, fiber and copper networks. The company offers customers Broadcast Video, TelcoTV, Switched Digital Video and IPTV (Personalized Video) solutions.
The companys video networking solutions enable service providers to move, manage, and monetize video. It delivers network-based platforms to empower service providers to transition from broadcast to the delivery of personalized video services. The companys product solutions are a combination of advanced networking and video processing hardware platforms with software modules.
Switched Digital Video: The companys Switched Digital Video solution enables service providers to transmit video channels to subscribers only when the subscribers in a smaller subset of subscribers within a network, called a service group, are in the process of watching those channels. In addition, its Switched Digital Video solution gives its service providers real-time access to the actual viewing habits of their subscriber groups, information that is valuable as they and their advertisers seek to tailor advertising or personalized channel services to specific subscriber groups and individual subscribers. The company delivers its Switched Digital Video solution by combining its core media processing modules with its Broadband Multimedia-Service Router hardware platform (BMR), BigBand Server and Management Suite, and Broadband Edge QAM or BEQ.
Broadcast Video: The companys Broadcast Video solutions enable advanced digital media processing and transport technologies for service providers. Its digital simulcast product application enables service providers to create a digital version of analog inputs and deliver both analog and digital video streams to subscribers. This gives service providers a way of migrating subscribers from analog to digital video. In addition, its digital simulcast product application allows service providers to insert advertisements into the digital video stream and deliver those advertisements either in digital or analog form to subscribers. The company delivers its Broadcast Video solution by combining its BMR with its core media processing modules with advanced splicing capability.
TelcoTV: Telecommunications companies use its BMR to provide a viewing experience to their subscribers while still benefiting from the use of digital video transport throughout their networks. The company enables telecommunications companies to use their existing Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) to transport video content throughout the network. Its TelcoTV solution integrates its core media processing modules, its BMR radio frequency (RF) modulation, and local content insertion.
Personalized Video: The company offers service providers its Media Services Platform (MSP2000), a carrier-grade, network-based platform designed to enable service providers to offer a range of personalized video applications, such as linear, zoned, and ultimately addressable advertising, or time-shifted delivery of television programming.
IPTV over DOCSIS: The company offers an alternative solution to deliver IP video services to home computers, IP set top boxes, and other IP consumer devices via standard DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems, which it markets under the name vIP PASS. vIP PASS uses the control plane of its Converged Video Exchange (CVEx) and Switched Digital Video, and its universal edge QAMs to offload video transport from the cable modem termination system. It is designed to provide cable MSOs an alternative for delivery of managed IP services, compared to an investment in additional cable modem termination system downstream channel capacity.
Platforms and Technologies
The companys intelligent, network-based applications are built on an architecture that combines modular software with extensible and scalable hardware platforms. Its chassis-based hardware platforms offer field-upgradeable hardware, high-speed switching and routing with general-purpose processing capabilities. The comp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BigBand Networks, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BigBand Networks, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BigBand Networks, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BigBand Networks, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BigBand Networks, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIGBAND NETWORKS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BigBand Networks, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BigBand Networks, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BigBand Networks, Inc. Major Shareholders
BigBand Networks, Inc. History
BigBand Networks, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BigBand Networks, Inc. Offices and Representations
BigBand Networks, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BigBand Networks, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BigBand Networks, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BigBand Networks, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
BigBand Networks, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BigBand Networks, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BigBand Networks, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BigBand Networks, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BigBand Networks, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BigBand Networks, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BigBand Networks, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BigBand Networks, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?