- The report contains detailed information about Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. business.
About Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. supplies networking equipment, including Internet protocol (IP)-based Ethernet networking solutions and storage area networking solutions for the global enterprises and service providers, such as telecommunication firms, cable operators, and mobile carriers. It offers a line of networking hardware and software products and services.
The company's products and services are marketed, sold, and supported worldwide to end-user customers through distribution partners, including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, systems integrators, value-added resellers (VARs), and directly to end-users by its direct sales force.
Products and Services
The companys products and services assist customers in the development and delivery of storage and server consolidation, disaster recovery, and data security, and in meeting compliance issues regarding data management. Customers use its products to build storage area networks (SANs), which refer to as fabrics. Its products are generally used in conjunction with servers and storage subsystems, SAN interconnection components, such as host bus adapters (HBAs), and server and storage management software applications and tools.
The companys family of Fibre Channel SAN backbones, directors, fabric and embedded switches provide interconnections, bandwidth and high-speed routing of data between servers and storage devices. It offers various fabric extension, switching, and routing solutions that are designed to connect approximately two data centers over long distances to enhance business continuity and disaster recovery. Its fabric extension solutions support SAN extension (Fibre Channel), mainframe extension (Fibre Connectivity), as well as other multiprotocol switching and routing technologies, including optical, asynchronous transfer mode, and IP networks. Through its Data Center Fabric Manager, it offers management across multiple fabrics.
Ethernet ProductsIP Layer 2-3
The company's enterprise-class Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches and routers are designed to connect users in an enterprise network, enabling network connectivity, such as, access to the Internet, new forms of network-based communications, such as voice over IP (VOIP), and higher levels of collaboration through unified messaging applications and degrees of productivity through mobility. It offers various platforms to allow customers to design a network to serve their needs, including the Brocade BigIron, FastIron, EdgeIron, and TurboIron product families. Brocades Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches provide delivery of the intelligence, speed, and manageability required to support the use of bandwidth-intensive and Internet-based applications.
The company's carrier-class switches and routers are designed to handle network traffic within and across service provider networks, whether telecommunications providers, cable multiservice operators or mobile carriers. It offers a portfolio of Ethernet-optimized platforms designed for service provider environments that include support for legacy technologies, such as Synchronous Optical Network to the migration of an all-IP service provider network architecture. It offers products and technologies that support various service provider network environments, including the data center, metro aggregation, and high-capacity IP/Multiprotocol Label Switching core. It also offers a portfolio of service provider-specialized Carrier Ethernet products from the metro edge into the network core, including the Brocade NetIron MLX and XMR router families, as well as the Brocade NetIron CES switches. The company offers Layer 2 switches called the Brocade VDX Data Center Switches, which deliver on Brocade Virtual Cluster Switching or VCS technology.
Ethernet ProductsIP Layer 4-7/Application Delivery Products (IP Layer 4-7/ADP)
The companys Layers 4-7 platforms, including the Brocade ServerIron and ServerIron ADX family of products, are designed for application traffic management and server load balancing.
The company offers a range of consulting and support services that assist customers in designing, implementing, deploying, and managing networking solutions, as well as post-contract customer support (PCS) and separately priced extended warranties.
The companys customers include EMC Corporation (EMC), Hewlett-Packard Company (HP), and International Business Machines Corporation (IBM).
The company has manufacturing arrangements with Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., Sanmina-SCI Corporation, Asteel Flash Group, Accton Wireless Broadband Corporation, Motorola, Inc., and Quanta Computer Incorporated.
The company competes with Cisco Systems, Inc.; Alcatel-Lucent; Arista Networks; Enterasys Networks, Inc.; Extreme Networks, Inc.; F5 Networks, Inc.; Force10 Networks, Inc.; HP; Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.; IBM; Juniper Networks, Inc.; Oracle Corporation; QLogic Corporation; and Emulex Corporation.
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. History
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?