- The report contains detailed information about BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, focuses on developing products for female sexual health, menopause, contraception, and male hypogonadism. In addition, the company is evaluating and seeking opportunities for its GVAX cancer immunotherapies, 2A/Furin, and other technologies. It is also developing its calcium phosphate technology (CaP) for aesthetic medicine (BioLook), as a vaccine adjuvant, including for an H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine, and drug delivery.
Female Sexual Health, Menopause, Contraception, and Male Hypogonadism Products
The companys products for female sexual health, menopause, contraception, and male hypogonadism include its gel formulations of estradiol, testosterone and a combination of estradiol and testosterone: Elestrin, Bio-T-Gel, and LibiGel, and its triple component contraceptive that uses various combinations of estrogens, progestogens and androgens in development for the treatment of female sexual dysfunction (FSD) in women using oral or transdermal contraceptives, The Pill-Plus.
LibiGel: LibiGel is a once daily transdermal testosterone gel in Phase III clinical development under a special protocol assessment (SPA) for the treatment of female sexual dysfunction.
Elestrin: Elestrin is a once daily transdermal estradiol (estrogen) gel approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) indicated for the treatment of moderate-to-severe vasomotor symptoms (hot flashes) associated with menopause and marketed in the U.S. Azur Pharma International II Limited is marketing Elestrin in the U.S. using its womens health sales force that targets estrogen prescribing physicians in the U.S. comprising primarily of gynecologists. It has signed an agreement with PharmaSwiss SA for the marketing of Elestrin in Israel. PharmaSwiss is responsible for regulatory and marketing activities in Israel.
The Pill-Plus (triple component contraceptive): The Pill-Plus is a once daily use of various combinations of estrogens, progestogens and androgens in development for the treatment of FSD in women using oral or transdermal contraceptives. The Pill-Plus is based on three issued U.S. patents claiming triple component therapy via any route of administration (the combination use of estrogen plus progestogen plus androgen) and three issued U.S. patents pertaining to triple component contraception. The company has a license from Wake Forest University Health Sciences and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for the three issued U.S. patents for triple component contraception. The company's sublicensed the U.S. rights to The Pill-Plus to Pantarhei Bioscience B.V. (Pantarhei), a Netherlands-based pharmaceutical company.
Bio-T-Gel: Bio-T-Gel is a once daily transdermal testosterone gel in development for the treatment of hypogonadism, or testosterone deficiency, in men. The company has entered into a development and license agreement with Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., pursuant to which Teva USA agreed to develop and market Bio-T-Gel for the U.S. market.
Other Products: The company has company sublicensed the marketing rights to its gel products in Canada to Paladin Labs Inc. It has entered into a sublicense agreement with Solvay Pharmaceuticals, B.V. (which was purchased by Abbott Laboratories in February 2010) covering the U.S. and Canadian rights to the estrogen/progestogen combination therapy gel product licensed from Antares Pharma, Inc.
GVAX Cancer Immunotherapies and Other Technologies
GVAX Cancer Immunotherapy Technology: GVAX cancer immunotherapies are cancer vaccines designed to stimulate the patients immune system to fight cancer. GVAX cancer immunotherapies comprise tumor cells that are genetically modified to secrete an immune-stimulating cytokine known as granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and are then irradiated for safety.
2A/Furin Protein Expression Technology: The 2A/furin technology is an expression system for producing multimeric proteins. The 2A/furin technology allows for continuous, equimolar expression of at least two proteins at high concentrations from
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?