- The report contains detailed information about CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the research and development of pharmaceutical products utilizing its validated drug delivery platform technology. The company has the U.S. and international patents and other proprietary rights to technology that facilitates the absorption of drugs.
The companys platform drug delivery technology improves permeation and absorption of pharmaceutical molecules across the skin, nasal mucosa, and eye through development of proprietary formulations with molecules, such as CPE-215.
Testim, Licensed Topical Testosterone Gel
The companys primary product is Testim, a gel for testosterone replacement therapy, which is a formulation of its technology with testosterone. Testim is licensed to Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Auxilium), which is marketing it in the United States, Europe and other countries. Auxilium uses its sales force to market Testim in the U.S. and has partnered with Paladin Labs Inc. to market the drug in Canada and with Ferring International S.A. to market the drug in Europe.
Product in Development
Nasulintm, Proprietary Intranasal Insulin Product
Nasulin is the patented intranasal insulin spray of the company which incorporates CPE-215 as a permeation facilitator. The company is developing Nasulin to address the need for an insulin product that resembles the bodys normal physiological response. Nasulin is an intranasal formulation of insulin being developed to treat hyperglycemia in patients suffering from Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. The company's Nasulin development program includes 15 completed clinical trials in approximately 390 subjects.
In addition to its Nasulin program, Serenity Pharmaceuticals, Inc., the companys licensing and development partner, is recruiting patients in multiple Phase 3 clinical trials for an undisclosed urology drug delivered using its intranasal technology for the treatment of nocturia. These randomized, double blind, placebo controlled studies are being conducted at multiple sites in the United States.
The company's competitors include Archimedes Pharma Ltd; AstraZeneca PLC; Bayer Consumer Care; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Pfizer, Inc.; Alkermes Inc.; Unigene Inc.; Generex Biotechnology Corporation; Emisphere Technologies, Inc.; Coremed Corporation; Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Perrigo Israel Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.; Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Bayer Schering Pharma; Acrux Limited; BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.; and Clarus Therapeutics.
The company's competitors also include MannKind Corporation; Abbott Laboratories (through its acquisition of Kos Pharmaceuticals); Biocon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Diasome Pharmaceuticals; Oramed Pharmaceuticals; Eli Lilly and Company; Novo Nordisk A/S; Biodel Inc; Halozyme Therapeutics; and Medtronic Inc.
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was incorporated in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CPEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CPEX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?