- The report contains detailed information about Tower Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tower Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tower Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tower Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tower Group Inc. business.
About Tower Group Inc.
Tower Group, Inc. offers commercial, personal, and specialty property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses in various industries and to individuals throughout the United States. The company provides products on both an admitted and an excess and surplus (E&S) lines basis.
The company operates three business segments: Brokerage Insurance, Specialty Business, and Insurance Services.
Brokerage Insurance segment
Through Brokerage Insurance segment, the company offers a range of property and casualty insurance products and services to small to mid-sized businesses and to individuals throughout the United States. These products are underwritten and serviced through 18 offices and distributed through approximately 1,173 retail agents and 196 wholesale agents.
The company provides commercial lines products comprised of commercial package, general liability, workers compensation, commercial auto and commercial umbrella policies to businesses in different industries. The company focuses on specific classes of business in the real estate, retail, wholesale and service industries, such as retail and wholesale stores, residential and commercial buildings, restaurants and artisan contractors. It also offers personal lines products that provide coverage for modestly valued homes and dwellings, as well as personal automobiles for individuals located predominately in the Northeast.
Specialty Business segment
Specialty Business consists of insurance covering narrowly defined, homogeneous classes of business, including Long-term Healthcare workers, Specialty Transportation, Professional Employers Organizations, Temporary Staffing Firms, Public Entities, Commercial Construction and Auto Dealerships. Specialty Business segment in 2009 also included a limited amount of reinsurance business that the company acquired from CastlePoint.
Insurance Services segment
Insurance Services segment performs various aspects of insurance company functions for other insurance companies, including underwriting, claims administration, reinsurance intermediary, operational, and technology services. The company provides these services through managing general agencies, TRM, CPM and CPRMFL.
Products and Services
Commercial Multiple-peril Packages: Coverage offered under commercial package and business owners policies combines property, liability (including general liability and products and completed operations), business interruption, equipment breakdown, fidelity and inland marine coverages modified for commercial businesses and enterprises. Commercial packages and business owners policies are offered by Brokerage Insurance segment.
Fire and Allied Lines and Inland Marine: The company writes fire and allied lines policies for individuals and businesses. Individual dwelling policies include personal property with optional liability coverage that provide an alternative to the homeowners policy for the personal lines customer. Commercial fire and allied lines policies provide protection for damage to commercial buildings and their contents, and these policies may be utilized in selected circumstances as an alternative to a commercial package policy. The company writes inland marine insurance protection for the property of businesses that is not at a fixed location and for items of personal property that are transportable, including builders risk, contractors equipment and installation, domestic transit and transportation, fine arts, property floaters and leased property.
Other Liability: In Brokerage Insurance segment, the company writes other liability policies for individuals and business owners, including mono-line commercial general liability (for risks that do not have property exposure or whose property exposure is insured elsewhere) and commercial umbrella policies. Also, in Specialty Business segment, the company writes General Liability policies for businesses in programs that are modified to narrowly defined industry classes, such as small public entities.
Workers Compensation: The company writes workers compensation policies, which are a statutory coverage requirement in al
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TOWER GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TOWER GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TOWER GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TOWER GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TOWER GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tower Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tower Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tower Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tower Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tower Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TOWER GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TOWER GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TOWER GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TOWER GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TOWER GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TOWER GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tower Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tower Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tower Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Tower Group Inc. History
Tower Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tower Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Tower Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tower Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tower Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tower Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Tower Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tower Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tower Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tower Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tower Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tower Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tower Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tower Group Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?