- The report contains detailed information about CIT Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CIT Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CIT Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CIT Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CIT Group, Inc. business.
About CIT Group, Inc.
CIT Group Inc. operates as the holding company for CIT bank. The company provides commercial financing and leasing products and services to small and middle market businesses across various industries. It operates primarily in North America, with locations in Europe, Latin America, and the Asia-Pacific region.
The company provides financing and leasing capital to clients and their customers in approximately 30 industries and 50 countries. The company serves clients in various industries including transportation, particularly aerospace and rail, manufacturing, retailing, healthcare, communications, media and entertainment, energy, and various service-related industries.
The companys segments include Corporate Finance, Transportation Finance, Trade Finance, Vendor Finance, and Consumer Finance.
Corporate Finance segment
Corporate Finance provides financing alternatives to borrowers, small business, and middle market businesses. The Corporate Finance product suite is primarily composed of senior secured loans, including revolving lines of credit secured by accounts receivables and inventories, term loans based on operating cash flow and enterprise valuation, and government guaranteed loans (such as SBA loans). The companys clients use loan proceeds to fund working capital, asset growth, acquisitions, and debt restructurings.
Commercial & Industrial: The company provides financing solutions for middle-market companies in various sectors, including wholesale trade-durable goods, business services, miscellaneous retail, wholesale trade non-durable goods, chemicals and allied products, food and kindred products, and various other industries.
Communications, Media, & Entertainment: The company offers diverse financing solutions to broadcasting, cable, information services, gaming, sports, entertainment, telephony, wireless and tower and other related industries.
Energy: The company provides corporate advisory, financing and investment solutions to companies in the energy and power sectors, including gas-fired power generation, coal manufacturing, oil and gas, and other energy related businesses.
Healthcare: The company offers healthcare financing solutions and related advisory services to companies across the industry, including skilled nursing facilities, home health and hospice companies, acute care hospitals, dialysis companies, and outpatient services.
The company also has one specialized unit called as Small Business Lending.
Small Business Lending: The company originates and services Small Business Administration (SBA) and conventional loans for commercial real estate financing, construction, business acquisition and business succession financing. Small business lending activities are principally focused on the U.S. market.
Transportation Finance segment
Transportation Finance specializes in providing customized leasing and secured financing primarily to end-users of aircraft and railcars. The companys transportation equipment financing products include operating leases, single investor leases, equity portions of leveraged leases and sale and leaseback arrangements, as well as loans secured by equipment. The companys equipment financing clients represent major and regional airlines worldwide, North American railroad companies, and middle-market to larger-sized aerospace and defense companies.
Aerospace: Commercial Air provides aircraft leasing and lending, aircraft sales, asset management, aircraft valuation and advisory services. The units primary clients include major and regional airlines in approximately 50 countries around the world. Offices are located in the U.S., Europe and Asia. As of December 31, 2009, its commercial aerospace financing and leasing portfolio consisted of approximately 300 aircraft.
Business Air offers financing and leasing programs for owners of business jet aircraft and turbine helicopters primarily in the U.S.
Leveraged Finance provides loan and lease financing solutions to the aerospace, defense, marine and rail markets, directly or through financial sponsors and intermediaries.
Operating Lease fleet consists of approximately 103,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CIT GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CIT GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CIT GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CIT GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CIT GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CIT Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CIT Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CIT Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CIT Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CIT Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CIT GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CIT GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CIT GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CIT GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CIT GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CIT GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CIT Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CIT Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CIT Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
CIT Group, Inc. History
CIT Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CIT Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
CIT Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CIT Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CIT Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CIT Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
CIT Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CIT Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CIT Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CIT Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CIT Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CIT Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CIT Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CIT Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?