- The report contains detailed information about Unitrin Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Unitrin Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Unitrin Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Unitrin Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Unitrin Inc. business.
About Unitrin Inc.
Unitrin, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, and automobile finance services to individuals, families and small businesses.
The company conducts its operations through five operating segments, including Kemper, Unitrin Specialty, Unitrin Direct, Life and Health Insurance, and Fireside Bank.
Property and Casualty Insurance Business
Property and Casualty Insurance business operations are conducted through the Kemper, Unitrin Specialty, and Unitrin Direct segments. In addition, the Life and Health Insurance segments career agents also sell property insurance to its customers. Unitrins insurance subsidiaries operating in the Kemper, Unitrin Specialty, Unitrin Direct, and Life and Health Insurance segments provide automobile, homeowners, fire, and other types of property and casualty insurance to individuals and commercial automobile insurance to businesses.
Property Insurance indemnifies an insured with an interest in physical property for loss of, or damage to, such property or the loss of its income-producing abilities. Casualty insurance primarily covers liability for damage to property of, or injury to, a person or entity other than the insured. Casualty insurance also obligates the insurance company to provide a defense for the insured in litigation arising out of events covered by the policy.
The Kemper and Unitrin Specialty segments distribute their products through independent agents who are paid commissions for their services. The Unitrin Direct segment distributes its products directly to consumers and through employer-sponsored voluntary benefit programs and other affinity relationships.
Kemper: Kemper, based in Jacksonville, Florida, conducts business in 39 states geographically dispersed throughout the United States. Kemper primarily sells preferred and standard risk automobile and homeowners insurance. It markets its products through approximately 2,500 independent insurance agents. These personal lines products are designed and priced for individuals. Its customers include middle to upper income individuals and families.
Unitrin Specialty: Unitrin Specialty, based in Dallas, Texas, conducts business in 24 states, principally in the midwest, southeast, southwest, and western United States. It provides nonstandard personal and commercial automobile insurance. Nonstandard automobile insurance is provided for individuals and businesses that have had difficulty obtaining standard or preferred risk insurance. It markets its products through approximately 8,000 independent agents and brokers.
Unitrin Direct: Unitrin Direct, based in Chicago, Illinois, markets automobile insurance primarily through direct mail, Web insurance portals, click-thrus, and its own Web site. The Unitrin Direct segments automobile and homeowners insurance products are available in every state in the U.S. with the exception of Alaska, Hawaii and Massachusetts. Unitrin Direct writes personal automobile insurance risks ranging from preferred to non-standard private passenger automobile insurance risks, and competes with companies that sell insurance directly to the consumer and employer-sponsored voluntary benefit programs, as well as companies that sell through agents. Unitrin Direct also offers homeowners and renters insurance across 47 states, complementing its automobile insurance offering.
Life and Health Insurance Business: The companys Life and Health Insurance segment consists of Unitrins wholly-owned subsidiaries, United Insurance, The Reliable Life Insurance Company (Reliable), Union National Life Insurance Company (Union National Life), Mutual Savings Life Insurance Company (Mutual Savings Life), United Casualty Insurance Company of America (United Casualty), Union National Fire Insurance Company (Union National Fire), Mutual Savings Fire Insurance Company (Mutual Savings Fire) and Reserve National.
Career Agency Companies
The Career Agency Companies, based in St. Louis, Missouri, focus on providing individual life and health insurance products to customers of modest incomes who desire basic protection for themselves and their families. Their major product is ordinary life insurance, including permanent and term insurance. The Career Agency Companies employ approximately 2,600 career agents to distribute their products in 25 states.
Reserve National, based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is licensed in 31 states throughout the south, southwest and midwest, and specializes in the sale of accident and health insurance products and Medicare Supplement insurance, primarily to individuals living in rural areas where health maintenance organizations and preferred provider organizations are less prevalent. Reserve National has approximately 275 independent agents appointed to market and distribute its products.
Automobile Finance Business
Fireside Bank: Fireside Bank, based in Pleasanton, California, is engaged in the automobile finance business. Fireside Banks principal business is the financing of used automobiles through the purchase of retail installment contracts from automobile dealers.
Unitrin, Inc. was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITRIN INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITRIN INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITRIN INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITRIN INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITRIN INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Unitrin Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Unitrin Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Unitrin Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Unitrin Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Unitrin Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITRIN INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITRIN INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITRIN INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITRIN INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITRIN INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITRIN INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Unitrin Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Unitrin Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Unitrin Inc. Major Shareholders
Unitrin Inc. History
Unitrin Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Unitrin Inc. Offices and Representations
Unitrin Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Unitrin Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Unitrin Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Unitrin Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Unitrin Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Unitrin Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Unitrin Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Unitrin Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Unitrin Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Unitrin Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Unitrin Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Unitrin Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?