- The report contains detailed information about Canam Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Canam Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Canam Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Canam Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Canam Group Inc. business.
About Canam Group Inc.
Canam Group Inc. engages in the design, manufacture and sale of construction products and services for the commercial, industrial, institutional, multi-residential and infrastructure construction industries. These products include joists, roof trusses, beams, columns, steel deck and cold-formed sections.
The company designs and fabricates heavy structural steel components under the Structal name for bridges and major construction projects. The Structal-Bridges business unit designs and fabricates structural bearings and expansion joints under the Goodco Z-Tech name for the bridge and highway infrastructure construction markets.
The company designs and fabricates specialized construction product systems that complement its range of steel products. The Companys products are distributed mainly through its sales and distribution network, which serves all of Canada and the United States. In addition to the products offered through its business units, the company manufactures and sells VERTISPACE products, namely mezzanine systems. These products are fabricated for the commercial, industrial and institutional markets and are sold in the United States.
CANAM Joists and Steel Deck
CANAM CANADA manufactures steel joists in Canada. CANAM UNITED STATES operates as a steel joist fabricator in the United States. The company supplies the North American market with a range of construction products and services, including steel joists and steel deck, under the Canam name. The companys products and services are used by structural steel fabricators in industrial, institutional, commercial and multi-residential construction. Canam serves the North American market.
Competition: The companys main competitors in the U.S. are Nucor (Vulcraft), Commercial Metals Company (CMC Joists & Deck), Steel Dynamics (New Millenium), Schuff Steel (Quincy Joist) and EBSCO Industries (Valley Joist). At the regional level, Canam competes with Delta Joists in Quebec, Samuel Manu-Tech (Omega Joists) in western Canada and MBS Steel in Ontario. The companys main competitors in Canada are Vicwest and Samuel Manu-Tech.
STRUCTAL-HEAVY STEEL CONSTRUCTION
STRUCTAL-HEAVY STEEL CONSTRUCTION designs and fabricates heavy structural steel components and supplies structural steel for North American construction projects, including sports complexes, convention centers, industrial complexes, airport facilities and office towers. For large-scale projects, the company offers design, fabrication, supervision and installation services on the project site. The customers of Structal-Heavy Steel Construction are mainly general contractors that retain the services of Structal as a sub-contractor. In turn, Structal retains the services of a steel erector if the contract stipulates that it is responsible for installing the steel on the job site.
Structal completed various projects, including the Newseum in Washington, D.C.; the Eagles football stadium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; the New England Patriots stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts; the Lester B. Pearson International Airport in Toronto, Ontario; and the Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau International Airport in Montreal, Quebec. In 2008, the company completed the fabrication of the structural steel for the New York Mets and Yankees baseball stadiums.
STRUCTAL-BRIDGES manufactures bridges and welded beams for the North American market. Structal-Bridges also designs and manufactures structural bearings and expansion joints for the highway and bridge infrastructure market. Structal-Bridges also fabricates structural bearings and expansion joints for bridge and highway infrastructure. Structal serves the Canadian and the U.S. markets. Structal serves general contractors, governments, and rail and forestry companies.
Competition: Structals competitors in eastern Canada are Beauce Atlas, Cherubini and Central Welding & Iron Works. Elsewhere in Canada the main bridge fabricators are Rapid-Span and Supreme Steel. Structals main competitors in the eastern United States are High Steel Structures and Williams Bridge. The companys competitors also include bridge fabri
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CANAM GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CANAM GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CANAM GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CANAM GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CANAM GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Canam Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Canam Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Canam Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Canam Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Canam Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CANAM GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CANAM GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CANAM GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CANAM GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CANAM GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CANAM GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Canam Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Canam Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Canam Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Canam Group Inc. History
Canam Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Canam Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Canam Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Canam Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Canam Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Canam Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Canam Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Canam Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Canam Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Canam Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Canam Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Canam Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Canam Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Canam Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?