- The report contains detailed information about HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for HCC Insurance Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. business.
About HCC Insurance Holdings Inc.
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. provides specialized property and casualty, surety, and group life, accident and health insurance coverages and agency services to commercial customers and individuals. The company operates primarily in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Ireland.
The company underwrites on both a direct basis, where it insures a risk in exchange for a premium, and on a reinsurance (assumed) basis, where it insures all or a portion of another, or ceding, insurance companys risk in exchange for all or a portion of the ceding insurance companys premium for the risk. The company markets products both directly to customers and through a network of independent and affiliated brokers, producers, agents and third party administrators.
The companys insurance companies and Lloyds of London syndicates are risk-bearing and focus their underwriting activities on providing insurance and/or reinsurance in the following lines of business: Diversified financial products; Group life, accident and health; Aviation; London market account; and Other specialty lines.
Diversified Financial Products
The company underwrites a variety of financial insurance risks in its diversified financial products line of business. These risks include directors and officers liability, employment practices liability, errors and omissions liability, surety and credit, fidelity, and various financial products.
Group Life, Accident and Health
The company writes medical stop-loss business through HCC Life Insurance Company and Perico Life Insurance Company. Its medical stop-loss insurance provides coverages to companies, associations and public entities that elect to self-insure their employees medical coverage for losses within specified levels, allowing them to manage the risk of excessive health insurance exposure by limiting aggregate and specific losses to a predetermined amount. The company also underwrites a small program of group life insurance, offered to insureds as a complement to medical stop-loss products. Its risk management business is composed of HMO and medical excess risks.
The company operates in the general aviation insurance industry insuring aviation risks, both domestically and internationally. Types of aviation business insured include antique and vintage military aircraft, cargo operators, commuter airlines, corporate aircraft, fixed base operations, military law enforcement aircraft, private aircraft owners, and rotor wing aircraft. The company offers coverages that include hulls, engines, avionics and other systems, liabilities, cargo and other ancillary coverages.
London Market Account
The companys London market account business consists of marine, energy, property, and accident and health business and has been primarily underwritten by Houston Casualty Companys London branch office. This line includes a significant portion of catastrophe exposures.
The company underwrites marine risks for ocean-going vessels including hull, protection and indemnity, liabilities and cargo.
In energy business, the company underwrites physical damage, business interruption and other ancillary coverages. This business includes drilling rigs, gas production and gathering platforms, natural gas facilities, petrochemical plants, pipelines, and refineries.
The company underwrites property business specializing in risks of large, often multinational, corporations, covering a variety of commercial properties, which include factories, office buildings, hotels, retail locations, industrial plants, and utilities.
Accident and Health
The company writes London market accident and health risks, including trip accident, medical and disability. London market account is reinsured principally on an excess of loss basis.
Other Specialty Lines
The company underwrites various other specialty lines of business, including different types of property and liability business, such as event cancellation, contingency, public entity, and U.K. liability.
Insurance Companies and Lloyds of London Syndicates
Houston Casualty Company
Houston Casualty C
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HCC INSURANCE HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. History
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?