- The report contains detailed information about Plug Power Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Plug Power Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Plug Power Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Plug Power Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Plug Power Inc. business.
About Plug Power Inc.
Plug Power Inc., a development stage company, engages in the design, development, and manufacture of fuel cell systems for industrial-motive (forklift or material handling) markets and stationary power markets worldwide.
The company sells its products worldwide through its direct product sales force, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and their dealer networks. It sells to business, industrial, and government customers.
The company sells and develops a range of fuel cell products and services, including hydrogen fuel cell low-temperature proton exchange membrane (PEM) systems for motive, continuous and backup power and a fuel cell system for residential and light commercial co-generation. The companys primary product lines that it sells are:
GenDrive Hydrogen fueled PEM fuel cell system to provide power to industrial vehicles. The company is focusing its primary efforts on material handling applications (forklifts) at multi-shift high volume manufacturing and high throughput distribution sites where its products and services provide a combination of productivity, flexibility and environmental benefits. In 2009, the company introduced a new GenDrive product offering to augment its product suite and allow full site conversions. During the year, the company expanded its sales to commercial customers, including Walmart, FedEx Freight, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Sysco, and Wegmans.
GenSys Liquid petroleum gas (LPG) fueled continuous prime power system: The company is developing a low-temperature (60ºC) PEM fuel cell system that supports remote prime power applications, specifically for the telecommunications sector, where grid power is unreliable or non-existent.
In connection with the development of its GenSys platform, the company develops its high-temperature (180ºC) polybenzimidazole (PBI) combined heat and power fuel cell system for light commercial and residential applications producing heat and supplemental electricity. The company partnered with the U.S. Department of Energy and National Grid to conduct the first field trial of the high-temperature GenSys product in 2009.
Additionally, the company manufactures and supports its GenCore product, a hydrogen fueled PEM fuel cell system to provide back-up power for critical infrastructure.
Product Support & Services
The company offers a range of service and support options. These options include installation, commissioning, remote monitoring, product manuals, as well as on-site technical support. Additionally, GenDrive product support and services may also include customer training and available lift truck dealer networks service personnel.
The companys supplier includes Ballard Power Systems.
Plug Power Inc. was founded in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PLUG POWER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PLUG POWER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PLUG POWER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PLUG POWER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PLUG POWER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Plug Power Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Plug Power Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Plug Power Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Plug Power Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Plug Power Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PLUG POWER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PLUG POWER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PLUG POWER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PLUG POWER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PLUG POWER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PLUG POWER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Plug Power Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Plug Power Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Plug Power Inc. Major Shareholders
Plug Power Inc. History
Plug Power Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Plug Power Inc. Offices and Representations
Plug Power Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Plug Power Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Plug Power Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Plug Power Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Plug Power Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Plug Power Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Plug Power Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Plug Power Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Plug Power Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Plug Power Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Plug Power Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Plug Power Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?