- The report contains detailed information about Digital Power Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Digital Power Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Digital Power Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Digital Power Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Digital Power Corp. business.
About Digital Power Corp.
Digital Power Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of power system solutions for applications in the medical, military, telecom, and industrial markets. The company focuses on product designs for both the commercial and military/defense markets.
The company also has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Digital Power Limited (DPL), which operates under the brand name of Gresham Power Electronics (Gresham). DPL designs, manufactures, sells, and distributes power products and system solutions for the European marketplace.
Power System Solutions
The company offers various products, including a custom product design and production, high-speed switching power front-end, modified-standard and value added products, open-frame, compact-PCI, ATSC front-ends, and PoE (Power over Ethernet) product solutions, providing power output from 50 to 25,000 watts.
Custom Power System Solutions: The company provides high-grade custom power system solutions to customers in multiple industry segments. Each custom solution that the company develops is based on high power density and a special layout to meet each of its customers operation environments.
High-Grade Flexibility Series Power Supply Products: The company offers a range of standard and modified standard products that can be integrated with any platform across its diversified market segments.
Value-Added Services: In addition to its custom solutions and high-grade flexibility series proprietary products, the company also provides value-added services to OEMs. The company incorporates an OEMs selected electronic components, enclosures, cable assemblies, and other compliance components with its power system solutions to produce a power subassembly that is compatible with the OEMs own equipment and specifically modified to meet the OEMs needs.
Markets and Customers
The company sells its custom power system solutions, flexibility series power supply products, and value-added services to customers in a range of commercial and defense industries and markets worldwide, with an emphasis on North America and Europe. Its customer base consists of approximately 200 companies, some of which are served through its distributors. The company serves the North American power electronics market primarily through, Digital Power Corporation; and the European marketplace is served through DPL, its wholly-owned subsidiary.
Commercial Customers: The companys commercial customers include medical, telecom, and industrial companies located throughout the world, with an emphasis on North America and Europe. These product solutions, which include standard, modified-standard or custom designs, are designed to meet its customers requirements. Customers who have implemented its power supply product solutions include Ericsson, Qualcomm, Elma Group, Inc., Cisco, Inogen, Aurora Networks, Agilent, GE Healthcare, GE Medical, Goss International, Arris, Tandberg, Martin Entertainment, Harmonic Inc., and Motorola.
Military/Defense Customers: The company has developed a range of rugged product solutions for the military and defense market, featuring the ability to withstand harsh environments. These product solutions, which include both specific modifications of existing products or custom designs, are designed for combat environments and meet the requirements of customers, such as BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, L3 Communications, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Boeing, and Perkins.
Digital Power Limited
DPL designs, manufactures, and distributes switching power supplies, uninterruptible power supplies, and power conversion and distribution equipment frequency converters for the commercial and military markets, under the name Gresham. Its products include power conversion, power distribution equipment, DC/AC (direct current/active current) inverters, and UPS (uninterrupted power supply) products. DPLs defense business has specialists in the field of naval applications of power distribution conversion
Greshams frequency converters are used by navel warships to convert their generated 60-cycle electricity supply to 400 cycles. This 400-cycle supply is used to power their critical equipment, such as gyro, compass, and weapons systems. Gresham also designs and manufactures transformer rectifiers for naval use. Typically, these provide battery supported back up for critical DC systems, such as machinery and communications. In addition, higher power rectifiers are used for the starting and servicing of helicopters on naval vessels, and Gresham supplies these as part of overall helicopter start and servicing systems.
The companys competitors include Power One, Emerson (Astec) Technologies, Inc., Lambda Electronics, and Mean-Well Power Supplies.
Digital Power Corporation was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIGITAL POWER CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIGITAL POWER CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIGITAL POWER CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIGITAL POWER CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIGITAL POWER CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Digital Power Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Digital Power Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Digital Power Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Digital Power Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Digital Power Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. DIGITAL POWER CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIGITAL POWER CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIGITAL POWER CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIGITAL POWER CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIGITAL POWER CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIGITAL POWER CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Digital Power Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Digital Power Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Digital Power Corp. Major Shareholders
Digital Power Corp. History
Digital Power Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Digital Power Corp. Offices and Representations
Digital Power Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Digital Power Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Digital Power Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Digital Power Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Digital Power Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Digital Power Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Digital Power Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Digital Power Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Digital Power Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Digital Power Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Digital Power Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Digital Power Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?