- The report contains detailed information about Capstone Turbine Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Capstone Turbine Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Capstone Turbine Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Capstone Turbine Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Capstone Turbine Corp. business.
About Capstone Turbine Corp.
Capstone Turbine Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, and services microturbine technology solutions for use in stationary distributed power generation applications, including cogeneration (combined heat and power (CHP), integrated combined heat and power (ICHP), and combined cooling, heat and power (CCHP)), resource recovery and secure power. In addition, its microturbines can be used as battery charging generators for hybrid electric vehicle applications. Microturbines allow customers to produce power on-site in parallel with the electric grid or stand alone when no utility grid is available.
The companys microturbines are sold primarily through its distributors. Its distributors, along with its authorized service companies (ASCs), install the microturbines. Service is provided directly by the company through its factory protection plan (FPP) or by its distributors, and ASCs.
The company offers microturbines designed for commercial, industrial, and utility users from 30 kilowatts (kW) up to 1 megawatt in electric power output, designed for commercial, industrial, and utility users. Its 30 kW (C30) microturbine produces enough electricity to power a small convenience store. The 60 kW and 65 kW (C60 Series) microturbine produces required heat to provide hot water to a 100-room hotel while also providing about one-third of its electrical requirements.
The companys 200 kW (C200) microturbine is suited for larger hotels, office buildings, and wastewater treatment plants. It has created a family of microturbine offerings from 600 kW up to 1 megawatt in a compact footprint. Its 1000 kW (C1000 Series) microturbines are suited for utility substations, commercial and industrial facilities, and remote oil and gas applications. The company began shipping 100 kW (TA100) microturbines in March 2010. The 100 kW microturbine power system offers a digital communications interface which can be connected to an external controller to provide multiple unit and dual mode dispatching functionality.
The company sells microturbine units, subassemblies, components, and various accessories. It also remanufactures microturbine engines and provides after-market parts, and services. The companys microturbines are sold primarily through distributors and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The company offers a conceptual approval (CA) process to assist all customers by reviewing their installation designs to confirm that the technical requirements for proper operation have been met, such as electrical interconnections, load requirements, fuel type and pressure, cooling air flow, and turbine exhaust routing. It has a factory direct service offering for commissioning and post-commissioning service. The companys products can operate connected to the electric utility grid as a source; on a stand-alone basis as a voltage source; multipacked to support larger loads as a virtual single unit; and in dual mode, where the microturbine operates connected to the electric utility grid or operates independently.
The company offers various accessories for its products, including rotary gas compressors with digital controls, heat recovery modules for CHP applications, dual mode controllers that allow automatic transition between grid connect and stand-alone modes, batteries with digital controls for dual-mode operations, power servers for multipacked installations, protocol converters for Internet access, packaging options and miscellaneous parts, such as frames, exhaust ducting, and installation hardware. The company also sells microturbine components and subassemblies to OEMs.
In addition, the companys proprietary Capstone Remote Monitoring Software (CRMS) allows end users to remotely operate and manage the microturbine. The company's Internet-based communication system, the Capstone Service Network (CSN), provides continuous remote monitoring and diagnostics to customers who purchase the service.
The company markets its products in North America, South America, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Russia.
The companys major customers include Banking Production Centre (BPC); Aquatec-Maxcon Pty Ltd. (Aquatec); UTC Power Corporation (UTCP) an affiliate of United Technologies Corporation; and Green Environment, Inc.
The company competes with microturbine products companies, including Ingersoll-Rand Company Limited and Turbec S.p.A.
Capstone Turbine Corporation was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Capstone Turbine Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Capstone Turbine Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Capstone Turbine Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Capstone Turbine Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Capstone Turbine Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Capstone Turbine Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Capstone Turbine Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Capstone Turbine Corp. Major Shareholders
Capstone Turbine Corp. History
Capstone Turbine Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Capstone Turbine Corp. Offices and Representations
Capstone Turbine Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Capstone Turbine Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Capstone Turbine Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Capstone Turbine Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Capstone Turbine Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Capstone Turbine Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Capstone Turbine Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Capstone Turbine Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Capstone Turbine Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Capstone Turbine Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Capstone Turbine Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Capstone Turbine Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?