- The report contains detailed information about Active Power Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Active Power Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Active Power Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Active Power Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Active Power Inc. business.
About Active Power Inc.
Active Power, Inc. manufactures and provides power solutions incorporating uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems that provide business continuity for enterprises in the event of power disturbances. The companys products and solutions are designed to deliver continuous clean power, protecting customers from voltage fluctuations, such as surges and sags and frequency fluctuations and to provide ride-through, or temporary, power to bridge the gap between a power outage and the restoration of utility power. Its target customers are global enterprises requiring power insurance. It primarily sells its products in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Products and Services
The company markets its flywheel-based products that are sold as stand-alone products under the brand name CleanSource. CleanSource DC is a battery-free replacement for lead acid batteries used for bridging power. Using its flywheel energy storage technology, CleanSource DC is a direct current (DC) product compatible with major brands of UPS systems and is sold and used in conjunction with a third-party UPS system. It is available in power configurations ranging from 250kVA up to 2 megawatts. The company offers CleanSource UPS products in power configurations ranging from 130kVA up to 2.4 megawatts, with the ability to parallel these products to provide approximately 8 megawatts of load protection. Combining CleanSource UPS with a generator provides customers with short- and long-term protection in the event of a power disturbance.
For customers looking for an integrated continuous power system, the company packages its CleanSource UPS along with a generator, switch gear, monitoring, and control software, its generator starting module (known as GenSTART), optional cooling system and a maintenance package into a containerized product offering the company calls PowerHouse. PowerHouse can be deployed in either a 20-foot or 40-foot-long ISO (International Organization for Standardization) container depending upon the customers power load requirements. These systems are specifically designed to handle the demands of high-tech facilities requiring the highest power integrity available while improving up time, useable floor space, and operational efficiency.
GenSTART is a battery-free, starting modular system designed to ensure that a customers diesel generator would start. Diesel failure is a common cause of UPS system failure when there is a power disturbance. This patented product takes energy from the flywheel of the CleanSource UPS and provides 1725 cold cranking amps to the generator set starting motor, so the customer can be assured starting power is available when it is critical at start-up. GenSTART is sold in conjunction with its CleanSource UPS system and is also a critical component in its PowerHouse solution. It can also be sold independently of its UPS product and works with third-party UPS systems.
The company delivers worldwide customer support through its technical services division that offers clients assessment, implementation, and lifecycle support services for Active Power systems.
Infrastructure Needs Assessment: The company works locally through its global network of mission critical infrastructure engineers and project managers to assess the power and cooling needs of a clients facility.
Vetting and Validation: The companys teams of application engineers use assessments to vet and validate the optimal solution that complements a clients business continuity plan.
Alignment with Business Objectives: Through continuous communication, its teams ensure the solution aligns with the original needs assessment and a clients short-term and projected business objectives.
System Design: The company designs client solutions to ensure components are optimized.
Deployment: The companys group of project managers would work with a client to develop a deployment schedule with the least impact on day-to-day business.
Start-Up & Commissioning: The companys engineers work with the clients team to make certain they are educated and trained on the succ
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACTIVE POWER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACTIVE POWER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACTIVE POWER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACTIVE POWER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACTIVE POWER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Active Power Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Active Power Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Active Power Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Active Power Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Active Power Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACTIVE POWER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACTIVE POWER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACTIVE POWER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACTIVE POWER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACTIVE POWER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACTIVE POWER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Active Power Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Active Power Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Active Power Inc. Major Shareholders
Active Power Inc. History
Active Power Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Active Power Inc. Offices and Representations
Active Power Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Active Power Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Active Power Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Active Power Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Active Power Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Active Power Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Active Power Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Active Power Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Active Power Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Active Power Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Active Power Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Active Power Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?