- The report contains detailed information about Technology Research Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Technology Research Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Technology Research Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Technology Research Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Technology Research Corp. business.
About Technology Research Corp.
Technology Research Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of electrical safety products that save lives, protect people against serious injury from electrical shock and/or prevent electrical fires in the home and workplace. The company also designs and supplies power monitoring and control equipment to the United States military and its prime contractors, primarily for use on mobile electric generators.
Core Commercial Products: The company's core commercial business was developed out of the demand for various Underwriters Laboratories (UL) classifications of ground fault protective devices, including Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI); Equipment Leakage Current Interrupters (ELCI); Portable Residual Current Devices (PRCD); and Leakage Current Detectors and Interrupters (LCDI).
Ground fault protective devices help protect against the hazards of fire and electrical shock that result when water comes in contact with electrically live conductors or when faulty electrical grounding is found in old or damaged extension cords, appliance cords, house wiring and electrical equipment. The demand for the company's commercial products has resulted from the National Electrical Code (NEC), UL product standards and voluntary efforts by industry to improve the electrical safety of commercial products.
The company's GFCI, ELCI and PRCD are all ground fault devices providing protection from dangerous electrical shock by sensing leakage of electricity and cutting off power. Ground fault devices are available in three types: circuit breaker, receptacle and portable. The company focuses on the portable types of these products. Ground fault devices range in rating from 120V/15A to 600V/80A.
The company's LCDI devices are intended to reduce the risk of electrical fires by disconnecting power when sensing current leakage between conductors of power cords. Its Fire Shield technology addresses four distinct market applications, including the Fire Shield Power Surge Strip, a consumer product; the Fire Shield Safety Circuit, an OEM product; the Fire Shield Power Cord, an OEM product; and the Fire Shield Safety Extension Cord, a consumer product.
The company's line of Surge Guard and Surge Guard Plus products are designed to meet the rigorous requirements of the recreational vehicle (RV) market. These products provide surge protection and have both OEM and after-market applications. In addition, the company developed the Surge Guard Automatic Transfer Switch, which incorporates a transfer switch into the functionality of the Surge Guard products, thus eliminating the need for two separate products.
The companys 30 Amp and 50 Amp Surge Guard RV Voltage Regulators are part of its power protection product line and used in recreational vehicles to provide a source of power when experiencing low RV park input voltage. This product would automatically and continually monitor line voltage conditions and boost voltage to an acceptable level to help prevent low voltage damage to the RVs appliances and electronic devices.
The company offers a network digital switching product family for the RV and specialty transportation vehicle markets that eventually would provide power management of lighting, transfer switches, room slide-outs, pumps, awnings, security features , diagnostics, and other user information. These products are microprocessor control based and rely upon embedded software (firmware) to provide programmable devices that can communicate reducing wiring and harnessing requirements throughout the vehicle.
Commercial/Industrial Markets: The company markets and sells GFCI, ELCI (including the heavy duty HD-PRO products), LCDI and cable protection and management products to the commercial/industrial market. This market is served through approximately 1,500 electrical and safety distributors and a number of catalogers.
Consumer/Retail Markets: The company markets and sells various portable GFCI, LCDI and other specialty products to the consumer market. Its major retail customers include Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Meijers, and Ace Hardware, as well as with indepen
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Technology Research Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Technology Research Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Technology Research Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Technology Research Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Technology Research Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Technology Research Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Technology Research Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Technology Research Corp. Major Shareholders
Technology Research Corp. History
Technology Research Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Technology Research Corp. Offices and Representations
Technology Research Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Technology Research Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Technology Research Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Technology Research Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Technology Research Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Technology Research Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Technology Research Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Technology Research Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Technology Research Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Technology Research Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Technology Research Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Technology Research Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?