- The report contains detailed information about Multicom Publishing, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Multicom Publishing, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Multicom Publishing, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Multicom Publishing, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Multicom Publishing, Inc. business.
About Multicom Publishing, Inc.
Multicom Publishing Inc is an interactive multimedia company concentrating on new media products and services in the home/family/lifestyle category. New media delivers information and entertainment to users in interactive digital form through media such as CD-ROMs, DVD-Video, DVD-ROMs, the Internet, the World Wide Web, proprietary online services, TV-based systems, interactive kiosks and laptop PC presentations. The Company publishes software that typically incorporates materials licensed from established companies with broad consumer acceptance and substantial brand equity. The Company also develops custom publishing projects for major consumer product and publishing companies, including the development of DVD-ROM products.
In early 1997, the Company initiated the development of a DVD product, Warren Miller's Ski World, which can be played on consumer DVD-Video players and computer DVD-ROM drives.
Multicom provides additional new media opportunities to its customers through custom publishing sources. The Company's custom publishing projects include creation of new media marketing and publishing products, interactive kiosks, DVD title development, comprehensive corporate training programs and corporate Internet Web Sites.
Products and Services
Multicom develops robust digital multimedia products that provide consumers the information to enhance their lives and to provide advertisers and publishers with ways of reaching these consumers. The Company has targeted the home/family/lifestyle market, which includes food, home, family, gardening, travel, crafts, personal improvement, nature and hobbies.
Titles: Multicom currently distributes and markets multimedia titles on CD-ROM. Some of these titles are Astrology Source, Better Homes and Gardens- Presents Great American Cooking, Better Homes and Gardens - Complete Guide to Gardening, Better Homes and Gardens - Decorating Your Home, Better Homes and Gardens - New Healthy Cooking, Canon Photography Workshop, Emily Post's Complete Guide to Weddings, The Home Depot Home Improvement 1-2-3, The American Sign Language Dictionary, Wines of the World Gold and World Beer Hunter.
Custom Publishing: Multicom's experience in CD-ROM and other digital multimedia product development has enabled it to offer and provide custom publishing services to publishers and other business users. The Company's custom publishing activities include custom development projects that result in the creation of Internet Websites and DVD and other products. Some of Multicom's custom publishing projects are Multimedia sales presentation for Better Homes and Gardens, DVD-ROM product for Compaq Computer Corporation, Real Estate Service, Web Site for Pulte Home Corporation, Web Site for Great Chefs Publishing and Custom CD-ROM product for The Los Angeles Times.
Distribution and Sales
Multicom markets its titles primarily to traditional software Distributiors. In addition to traditional software distributors, the Company also directly markets its products to specialty markets such as wines stores, national parks and ski product retailers.
The Companys competitors include Broderbund, CUC Software, Expert Software and The Learning Company.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Multicom Publishing, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Multicom Publishing, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Multicom Publishing, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Multicom Publishing, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Multicom Publishing, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MULTICOM PUBLISHING, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Major Shareholders
Multicom Publishing, Inc. History
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Offices and Representations
Multicom Publishing, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Multicom Publishing, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Multicom Publishing, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Multicom Publishing, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Multicom Publishing, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Multicom Publishing, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?