- The report contains detailed information about Activision Blizzard, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Activision Blizzard, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Activision Blizzard, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Activision Blizzard, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Activision Blizzard, Inc. business.
About Activision Blizzard, Inc.
Activision Blizzard, Inc., through its subsidiaries, publishes online, personal computer (PC), console, and hand-held games worldwide.
Through Activision Publishing, Inc. (Activision), the company is an international publisher of interactive software products and peripherals. Activision develops and publishes video games on various consoles, handheld platforms, and the PC platform through internally developed franchises and license agreements. Activision offers games that operate on the Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (Sony) PlayStation 2 (PS2), Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3), Nintendo Co. Ltd. (Nintendo) Wii (Wii), and Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft) Xbox 360 (Xbox 360) console systems; the Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) and Nintendo Dual Screen (NDS) handheld devices; the PC; the Apple iPhone (iPhone); and the new handheld game system Nintendo DSi. Through Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (Blizzard), the company engages in the subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) category. Blizzard internally develops and publishes PC-based computer games and maintains its proprietary online-game related service, Battle.net.
Activision Publishing Segment (Activision)
The Activision business involves the development, marketing, and sale of products directly, by license, and through its affiliate label program with certain third-party publishers. Activision's products cover game categories including action/adventure, action sports, racing, role-playing, simulation, first-person action, music, and strategy. Activision's target customer base ranges from casual players to core gamers, and children to adults. During 2009, Activision released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Guitar Hero V, DJ Hero, Band Hero, Tony Hawk: Ride, and PROTOTYPE and continued to publish licensed products, with titles, such as Monsters vs. Aliens, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and several other titles. Activision is developing sequels to the Guitar Hero and Call of Duty franchises, True Crime, an action thriller through United Front Games, Blur through Bizarre Creations for the racing genre and Singularity a first person action game through Raven Software, among other titles.
Activision has been best known for its action/adventure, action sports, role-playing, simulation, first-person action, and music video game products. The company is in the music-based gaming genre with the Guitar Hero franchise, which combines interactive software with hardware peripherals.
The companys products are available for sale or rental in various retail outlets in North America. The companys North American retail customers include, among others, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-Mart. In the United States (U.S.) and Canada, its products are sold primarily on a direct basis to mass-market retailers, consumer electronics stores, discount warehouses, and game specialty stores. The companys products are sold internationally on a direct-to-retail basis, through third-party distribution and licensing arrangements, and through its wholly-owned European distribution subsidiaries. The company conducts its international publishing activities through offices in the United Kingdom (U.K.), Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, Australia, China, Ireland, and Singapore.
In addition to its own products, the company distributes a select number of interactive entertainment products that are developed and marketed by other third-party publishers through its affiliate label programs in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region. Services the company provides under its affiliate label programs include order solicitation, in-store marketing, logistics and order fulfillment, and sales channel management, as well as other accounting and general administrative functions. The companys affiliate label partners include LucasArts, as well as affiliate label partners in its value business, which offers budget-priced software to the public.
Blizzard Entertainment Segment (Blizzard)
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Activision Blizzard, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Activision Blizzard, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Activision Blizzard, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Activision Blizzard, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Activision Blizzard, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Major Shareholders
Activision Blizzard, Inc. History
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Offices and Representations
Activision Blizzard, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Activision Blizzard, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Activision Blizzard, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Activision Blizzard, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Activision Blizzard, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Activision Blizzard, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?