- The report contains detailed information about Pro Travel Network, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pro Travel Network, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pro Travel Network, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pro Travel Network, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pro Travel Network, Inc. business.
About Pro Travel Network, Inc.
PTN, Inc. provides tools, support systems, and training for its network of independent, home-based travel agents in North America.
The company operates in five divisions: Pro Travel Network, Pro Travel Retail, The Honeymoon Registry (Honeymoons for Free), PTN Business, and The Destinations Club.
Pro Travel Network division
Pro Travel Network provides the online travel stores, accounting, training, marketing, licensing, and supplier contracts for those operating home based travel businesses or agencies. Pro Travel Network markets and establishes independent travel agencies. Purchasers of its online travel agencies are known as Independent Travel Agents or ITAs or Referring Travel Associates (RTAs). Pro Travel Network offers the following products:
Independent Travel Agent - Program (ITAP): The company provides ITAs with booking and marketing tools, support systems, industry booking codes, required initial and on-going training, consumer travel Websites, accounting tools, and access to outside industry training and seminars.
Referring Travel Associate Program (RTAP): The company provides RTAs with a consumer travel Web site, marketing and accounting tools, and access to trained Pro Travel Network staff to assist them by making all of their bookings in house by a qualified agent.
The Destinations Club Membership: The Destinations Club offers members the ability to travel to various preselected vacation destinations and cruises at specially negotiated rates. The Destinations Club would be marketed openly to the public.
Representative Trainer: The optional RT program is a packaged business opportunity, called the RT Opportunity. The RT Opportunity allows the RT to have full license to market the ITAP and/or RTAP products of Pro Travel Network and may sell memberships to the Destination Club. The company supports approximately 4,500 Independent Travel Agents and approximately 1,200 Independent Representatives throughout North America.
Pro Travel Retail division
In December 2008, Pro Travel Network acquired K.G&S Pty Ltd, operating as Laser Travel in Melbourne Australia. Pro Travel Retail includes retail store locations where people can book travel face to face with a trained and qualified agent. In May 2009, the second retail location was launched in Fresno California, and in July 2009, the company purchased Cruise Adventures, an agency located in the upscale River Park area of Fresno.
Destinations Club division
The Destinations Club is a program that allows individuals the opportunity to purchase heavily discounted vacation packages.
Honeymoon Registry division
Honeymoon Registry is in the process of creating a Web site in which people wanting to get married can register their honeymoon plans in the same way they would register at a department store. Guest would then be able to go online and purchase part of their honeymoon, and see wedding plans.
PTN Business division
Pro Travel Business is in the process of creating online tools that help businesses track and forecast travel expenditures booked through Pro Travel Business travel service department.
The company competes with InterActiveCorp, Hotels.com, Citysearch, Sabre Holdings, Orbitz, Inc., Cendant, Travelport, Expedia, Lowestfare.com, and Priceline.com.
PTN, Inc. was founded in 2003. The company was formerly known as Pro Travel Network, Inc. and changed its name to PTN, Inc. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pro Travel Network, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pro Travel Network, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pro Travel Network, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pro Travel Network, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pro Travel Network, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRO TRAVEL NETWORK, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Major Shareholders
Pro Travel Network, Inc. History
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Offices and Representations
Pro Travel Network, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pro Travel Network, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Pro Travel Network, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Pro Travel Network, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pro Travel Network, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pro Travel Network, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?