- The report contains detailed information about Bakbone Software Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bakbone Software Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bakbone Software Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bakbone Software Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bakbone Software Inc. business.
About Bakbone Software Inc.
BakBone Software Incorporated provides data protection, retention, and availability technologies that reduce storage management complexity. The company develops, markets, sells, and supports a portfolio of products sold under the NetVault brand name.
The companys products include Linux solutions, application-focused solutions to protect the Windows environment, and solutions to emerging disk-based and virtual environments. Its products provide protection for the applications that drive the business computing environments, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, MySQL, Lotus Notes, and others. The NetVault portfolio of products provides customers with: enterprise data protection, including backup and recovery; long-term data retention capabilities; disaster recovery of data and systems, as well as application failover; global replication of data; storage resource management and reporting; and application resource reporting and discovery.
The NetVault product portfolio comprises four product families that help deliver holistic data protection capabilities.
Backup and Recovery
NetVault: Backup Family
NetVault: Backup (NVBU): For data protection, disaster recovery, and business continuity, the NetVault: Backup product line provides enterprise-class data protection for heterogeneous IT environments. The NetVault: Backup optional components include NetVault: Backup Application Plugin Modules, NetVault: Backup Shared Virtual Disk, and NetVault: Backup SmartClients.
NetVault: Backup Application Plugin Modules: For data protection, disaster recovery, and business continuity, NetVault: Backups Application Plugin Modules provide online protection capabilities for critical applications, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, MySQL, Lotus Notes, PostgreSQL, DB2, and Informix.
Virtual Tape Library/Shared Virtual Tape Library: For disaster recovery and business continuity, NetVault: Backups VTL and Shared Virtual Tape Library (SVTL) options provide backup and recovery performance by creating a virtual tape library on disk. NetVault: Backups disk-to-disk technology allows for configuration of customized virtual libraries, each with its own specific number of tape drives, slots, and capacity to fit the situation at hand.
NetVault: Bare Metal Recovery: For disaster recovery and business continuity, the NetVault: Bare Metal Recovery option to NetVault: Backup automates the recovery of systems and devices to reduce downtime created by unplanned service interruptions.
NetVault: SmartDisk (NVSD) offers integration with NetVault: Backup to take disk-based backup and data deduplication to squeeze more data on disk. NVSD has a software data deduplication option. NVSD post process deduplication can be scheduled outside the backup window to shrink backup windows with no additional impact on protected server resources. Integration with NetVault: Backups job-level deduplication and encryption allows users to separate deduplicated from non-deduplicated data to improve performance.
Real-time Data Protection and High Availability
NetVault: FASTRecover (NVFR): NetVault: FASTRecover provides 30-second application-aware recovery for Exchange, SQL Server, and Windows file system data, reducing downtime and its associated impact. Users can recover an Exchange Server, individual Storage Group, entire SQL Server Instance, individual database or specific files to any-point-in-time, providing near-zero data loss.
NetVault: FASTRecover Appliance: Customers looking for a turnkey solution for implementing real-time, disk-to-disk backup with 30-second application-aware recovery for Exchange, SQL Server, and Windows file system data can select from a family of appliances that are pre-loaded with NetVault: FASTRecover.
NetVault: Replicator (NVR): The NetVault: Replicator product line provides continuous, cross-platform data replication for heterogeneous IT environments over standard IP networks. With NVR, customers centrally manage both real-time and scheduled replication across multiple sites for various server platforms, storage devices, an
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bakbone Software Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bakbone Software Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bakbone Software Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bakbone Software Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bakbone Software Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BAKBONE SOFTWARE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bakbone Software Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bakbone Software Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bakbone Software Inc. Major Shareholders
Bakbone Software Inc. History
Bakbone Software Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bakbone Software Inc. Offices and Representations
Bakbone Software Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bakbone Software Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bakbone Software Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Bakbone Software Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Bakbone Software Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bakbone Software Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bakbone Software Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bakbone Software Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Bakbone Software Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Bakbone Software Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bakbone Software Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bakbone Software Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?