- The report contains detailed information about Stamps.com Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Stamps.com Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Stamps.com Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Stamps.com Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Stamps.com Inc. business.
About Stamps.com Inc.
Stamps.com Inc. provides Internet-based postage solutions in the United States. The companys customers use its service to mail and ship various mail pieces, including postcards, envelopes, flats, and packages, using a range of United States Postal Service (the USPS) mail classes, including First Class Mail, Priority Mail, Express Mail, Media Mail, Parcel Post, and others.
Services and Products
PC Postage Service
The companys USPS-approved PC Postage service enables users to print electronic stamps directly onto envelopes, plain paper, or labels using a standard personal computer, printer, and Internet connection. Its service supports various USPS and international mail classes. Customers can also add USPS Special Services, such as delivery confirmation, signature confirmation, registered mail, certified mail, insured mail, return receipt, collect on delivery, and restricted delivery to their mail pieces. After installing its software and completing the registration process, customers can purchase and print postage 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The companys Pro Plan offers a basic set of Stamps.com mailing & shipping features with a single-user capability. Its Premiere plan for larger small businesses adds multiple-user functionality, automated Certified Mail forms, FedEx label printing, additional reference codes and higher allowable postage balances to its Pro Plan feature set. The companys Professional Shipper plan is targeted to higher volume shippers, such as fulfillment houses, retailers, and e-commerce merchants. The companys Enterprise service is targeted to organizations with multiple geographic locations.
The companys customers can print postage on NetStamps labels, which can be used just like regular stamps; directly on envelopes, postcards or on other types of mail or labels, in a single-step process that saves time and provides a professional look; on plain 8.5 inches x 11 inches paper or on special labels for packages; and on integrated customs forms for international mail and packages. Its PC Postage services incorporate address verification technology that verifies each destination address for mail sent using its service against a database of known addresses in the United States. The companys PC Postage service is also integrated with common small business and productivity software applications, such as word processing, contact and address management, and accounting and financial applications. It also offers different versions of NetStamps, such as Themed NetStamps and Photo NetStamps that allow customers to add stock or full custom designs to their mail while still providing the same NetStamps convenience of printing and using postage whenever it is needed.
In May 2009, the company completed the market test of its PhotoStamps product. PhotoStamps is a patented form of postage that allows consumers to turn digital photos, designs or images into valid US postage. With this product, individuals or businesses can create customized US postage using pictures of their children, pets, vacations, celebrations, and business logos. PhotoStamps can be used as regular postage to send letters, postcards or packages. The product is available via its separately-marketed Web site at www.photostamps.com. Customers upload a digital photograph or image file, customize the look and feel by choosing a color to complement the photo, select the value of postage, and place the order online. Each sheet includes 20 individual PhotoStamps, and orders arrive via US Mail in business days.
Mailing & Shipping Supplies Store
The companys Mailing & Shipping Supplies Store (Supplies Store) is available to its customers from within its PC Postage software and sells NetStamps labels, shipping labels, other mailing labels, postage printers, scales, and other mailing and shipping-focused office supplies. Its Supplies Store features a store catalog, same day shipping capabilities, messaging of its free or discounted shipping promotions, cross sell during checkout, product search capabilities, and expedited and rush shipping options.
The company offers Stamps.com branded insurance to its customers so that they may insure their mail or packages in an integrated, online process that eliminates any trips to the post office or the need to complete any special forms. Its branded insurance is provided in partnership with Parcel Insurance Plan and is underwritten by Firemans Fund. The company also offers official USPS insurance alongside its branded insurance product.
The companys customers include individuals, small businesses, home offices, medium-size businesses, and large enterprises, and within these segments the company targets both mailers and shippers.
The companys direct competitors in the PC postage and customized postage categories include Endicia.com/Dymo and Pitney Bowes, Inc. It also competes with traditional methods of accessing US postage, such as postage stamps, USPS retail locations, and USPS online services, such as Click-N-Ship.
The company was founded in 1996. It was formerly known as StampMaster, Inc. and changed its name to Stamps.com Inc. in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STAMPS.COM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STAMPS.COM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STAMPS.COM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STAMPS.COM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STAMPS.COM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Stamps.com Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Stamps.com Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Stamps.com Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Stamps.com Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Stamps.com Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STAMPS.COM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STAMPS.COM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STAMPS.COM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STAMPS.COM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STAMPS.COM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STAMPS.COM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Stamps.com Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Stamps.com Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Stamps.com Inc. Major Shareholders
Stamps.com Inc. History
Stamps.com Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Stamps.com Inc. Offices and Representations
Stamps.com Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Stamps.com Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Stamps.com Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Stamps.com Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Stamps.com Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Stamps.com Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Stamps.com Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Stamps.com Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Stamps.com Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Stamps.com Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Stamps.com Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Stamps.com Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?