- The report contains detailed information about Supertex Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Supertex Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Supertex Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Supertex Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Supertex Inc. business.
About Supertex Inc.
Supertex, Inc. produces high voltage analog and mixed signal semiconductor components. The company designs, develops, manufactures, and markets integrated circuits (ICs), utilizing high voltage DMOS, HVCMOS, and HVBiCMOS analog and mixed signal technologies.
The company provides DMOS transistor products for the industrial, telecommunication, instrumentation, medical, and automatic test equipment (ATE) industries. It also provides high voltage ICs (HVCMOS and HVBiCMOS) with the features of CMOS, bipolar, and DMOS technologies. These ICs are used in the medical ultrasound imaging, LCD TV backlighting, LED general lighting, telecommunications, printer, flat panel display, industrial, and consumer product industries.
Products and Markets
The companys target markets are medical electronics, LED lighting, imaging, and telecom. Its products are primarily used in or with medical ultrasound instruments, commercial ink jet printers, light emitting diodes (LEDs) for backlighting TVs and general lighting, electro-luminescent (EL) lamps for applications in cell phone keypads and hand-held devices, and optical MEMS for telecommunication products. The companys products are interface products, interfacing between low voltage logic circuits and high voltage real world media and vice versa. The company supplies both standard and custom products. It also provides custom processing services for the manufacture of ICs, using customer-owned designs, and mask tooling.
The Medical Electronics Market: The company provides standard and high-end custom ICs to the ultrasound imaging market. The companys products in this market include high voltage analog multiplexer switches, pulsers, high-speed MOSFET drivers, and discrete high voltage MOSFETs and arrays. It has released its first transmit/receive (T/R) switch, MD0100.
The LED Drivers Market: The company offers a line of LED driver products for the solid-state lighting market, ranging from linear regulators to switching regulators configured in buck, boost, buck-boost, and SEPIC topologies. The company is developing products for backlighting LCD TVs, monitors, and laptop screens, for automotive lighting, and for industrial and general lighting.
The Imaging Market: The company offers the following two product lines: a family of products for driving electroluminescent (EL) lamps for backlighting hand-held instruments, such as watches, monochrome screens, cell phone keypads and MP3 players; and driver ICs for driving non-impact printers and plotters, primarily using inkjet technologies. The companys printer product family is used in ink-jet and electrostatic types of printers and plotters.
The Telecommunications (Telecom) Market: The company provides high voltage amplifier ICs to drive optical micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) for the telecommunications market for use in optical switching applications. Its MEMS driver ICs feature 32 channels per chip and are capable of driving output voltages of approximately 300 volts. The company also produces high voltage electronic switch ICs that replace typical electromechanical or mechanical hook switches in telephones, high voltage ICs for use as ring generators, and protection ICs for line cards.
The Industrial/Other Market: This market category primarily represents ICs and DMOS devices the company designs and manufactures for various industrial and other applications. Also included in this category are high voltage driver ICs used in ATE and power management ICs.
Marketing and Sales
The company markets and sells its products through direct sales personnel, independent sales representatives, and distributors in the United States of America and abroad, primarily to original equipment manufacturers of electronic products. It maintains 10 direct field sales offices located in the following areas: Irving, Texas; Oley, Pennsylvania; the United Kingdom; Germany; Hong Kong, Shanghai & Shenzhen, China; Taiwan; Japan; and South Korea.
The companys original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers include Samsung Electronics and General Electric Company.
The company competes with Maxim, Hitachi, and Texas Instruments in the medical electronic market; Rogers and Maxim in the electroluminescent lighting market; and Texas Instruments, National Semiconductor, Austrian Micro, and O2 Micro in the LED backlighting market.
Supertex, Inc. was founded in 1975.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUPERTEX INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUPERTEX INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUPERTEX INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUPERTEX INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUPERTEX INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Supertex Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Supertex Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Supertex Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Supertex Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Supertex Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUPERTEX INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUPERTEX INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUPERTEX INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUPERTEX INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUPERTEX INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUPERTEX INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Supertex Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Supertex Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Supertex Inc. Major Shareholders
Supertex Inc. History
Supertex Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Supertex Inc. Offices and Representations
Supertex Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Supertex Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Supertex Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Supertex Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Supertex Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Supertex Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Supertex Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Supertex Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Supertex Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Supertex Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Supertex Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Supertex Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?