- The report contains detailed information about MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MEMC Electronic Materials Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. business.
About MEMC Electronic Materials Inc.
MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells silicon wafers for the semiconductor industry worldwide. The company provides wafers in sizes ranging from 100 millimeters (4 inch) to 300 millimeters (12 inch). It also sells intermediate products, such as polysilicon, silane gas, ingots and scrap wafers to semiconductor device and equipment makers, solar cell and module manufacturers, flat panel, and other industries.
On November 20, 2009, the company acquired Sun Edison LLC (SunEdison). As a result of this acquisition, the company engages in the development of solar power plants and commercialization of solar energy.
The company conducts its operations through three segments, including Semiconductor Materials; Solar Materials; and Solar Energy (d/b/a SunEdison).
Semiconductor Materials Segment
This segment offers wafers with various features satisfying various product specifications to meet its customers exacting requirements. Its wafers vary in size, surface features, composition, purity levels, crystal properties, and electrical properties.
The companys monocrystalline wafers for use in semiconductor applications range in size from 100 millimeter to 300 millimeter and are round in shape for semiconductor customers because of the nature of their processing equipment. The companys wafers are used as the starting material for the manufacture of various types of semiconductor devices, including microprocessor, memory, logic and power devices. In turn, these semiconductor devices are used in computers, cellular phones and other mobile electronic devices, automobiles, and other consumer and industrial products. The company's monocrystalline wafers for semiconductor applications include four general categories of wafers: prime, epitaxial, test/monitor wafers, and silicon-on-insulator (SOI) wafers.
The companys prime wafer is a polished, refined, and pure wafer with an ultraflat and ultraclean surface. The majority of its prime wafers are manufactured with a chemical-mechanical polishing process that removes defects and leaves an extremely smooth surface. The companys OPTIA wafer is a 100% defect-free crystalline structure based on its patented technologies and processes, including Magic Denuded Zone, or MDZ.
The companys epitaxial, or epi, wafers consist of a thin silicon layer grown on the polished surface of the wafer. The epitaxial layer has different electrical properties from the underlying wafer. The companys AEGIS product is designed for certain specialized applications requiring high resistivity epitaxial wafers and its MDZ product feature. The AEGIS wafer includes a thin epitaxial layer grown on a standard starting wafer. The AEGIS wafers thin epitaxial layer eliminates harmful defects on the surface of the wafer.
The company supplies test/monitor wafers to its customers for their use in testing semiconductor fabrication lines and processes. The company produces some of the test/monitor wafers from the portion of the silicon ingot that does not meet customer specifications for wafers.
Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) Wafers
An SOI wafer is a relatively new type of starting material for the chip making process. SOI wafers have three layers: a thin surface layer of silicon (from a few hundred Angstrom to several microns thick) where the transistors are formed, an underlying layer of insulating material, and a support or handle bulk silicon wafer.
Sales and Marketing: This segment sells its products in China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United States.
Customers: The company's semiconductor wafer customers include semiconductor device manufacturers, including the major memory, microprocessor, and ASIC manufacturers and foundries.
Competition: The company's worldwide competitors are Shin-Etsu Handotai, SUMCO, Wacker Siltronic, and Covalent.
Solar Materials Segment
This segment offers solar wafers that are used as the starting material for crystalline solar cells. Customers using crystalline wafers for solar applications utilize wafers t
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Major Shareholders
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. History
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Offices and Representations
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?