- The report contains detailed information about SeaChange International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SeaChange International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SeaChange International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SeaChange International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SeaChange International Inc. business.
About SeaChange International Inc.
SeaChange International, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of digital video systems and services. The company's products and services facilitate the aggregation, licensing, storage, management, and distribution of video, television programming, and advertising content.
The company conducts its operations through three segments: Software; Servers and Storage; and Media Services.
The Software segment offers SeaChange Axiom On Demand software independent of its hardware and offering subscription services for the software market. It also develops, sells, and supports software products in the middleware and advertising categories. The company's middleware and application business focuses on producing set-top box client middleware software products and interactive television applications, and performing system integration and software customization services. The company's client middleware solutions include the VODlink Platform Suite built for and deployed on common North American cable set top boxes, and the TV Navigator platform deployed in Europe and Asia.
In September 2009, the company acquired a private software company, eventIS Group B.V. (eventIS), in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. eventIS provides video on demand back-office software supporting operators in 25 countries. In February 2010, the company acquired VividLogic Inc (VividLogic), a private California software provider. VividLogic provides applications and development services for consumer electronics (CE) manufacturers, cable television, equipment manufacturers, and cable television providers. VividLogics software products and services focus on home networking applications and tru2way development.
Servers and Storage
The Servers and Storage segment offers video on demand (VOD) and broadcast server product lines and related services, such as professional services, installation, training, project management, product maintenance, and technical support for those products.
The Media Services segment engages in content aggregation and distribution. This division involves in aggregating content for video on demand and Pay-Per-View platforms, and provides marketing, promotional and production services to cable operators and telecommunications providers throughout Europe.
The company sources, acquires, packages, and markets Virgin Medias video on demand services by providing access to content from local and Hollywood studio providers in multiple formats including music, television programs and feature length movies. Through its subsidiary, On Demand Group Limited, the company has content rights management system and a content preparation center for incorporating video content for VOD services from the major content suppliers worldwide.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
SeaChange Video On Demand System
The company has developed and is deploying a video on demand system to cable television companies and telecommunications companies. The companys video on demand system consists of: MediaCluster video servers that reside at various points in a broadband network system and are used to ingest, store and play or stream videos as requested; SeaChange Axiom On Demand video software to manage and control the system and to support integration with third-party systems and applications; Spot Advertising Systems hardware and software and AdPulse On Demand Advertising System; Interactive middleware that enables operators to run multiple services, including video on demand and personal video recorders on multiple platforms; Record System, a time-shifting television application that enables broadcasted programming to be automatically encoded by broadband operators, with trick-mode functionality (fast-forward, pause, and rewind); and Interfaces to digital headend modulators, control systems, and subscriber management systems.
The companys video on demand system allows its customers to offer interactive services, such as the following to their subscribers:
Video on demand: This interactive service allows residential users and commercial users (hotel guests) to review lists of available movies and
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SeaChange International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SeaChange International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SeaChange International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SeaChange International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SeaChange International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SeaChange International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SeaChange International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SeaChange International Inc. Major Shareholders
SeaChange International Inc. History
SeaChange International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SeaChange International Inc. Offices and Representations
SeaChange International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SeaChange International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SeaChange International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SeaChange International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
SeaChange International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SeaChange International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SeaChange International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SeaChange International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SeaChange International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SeaChange International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SeaChange International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SeaChange International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?