- The report contains detailed information about Brush Engineered Materials Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Brush Engineered Materials Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Brush Engineered Materials Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Brush Engineered Materials Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Brush Engineered Materials Inc. business.
About Brush Engineered Materials Inc.
Brush Engineered Materials Inc., through its wholly owned subsidiaries, manufactures engineered materials serving the global telecommunications and computer, aerospace and defense, medical, industrial components, data storage, automotive electronics, and appliance markets.
The company operates through four segments: Advanced Material Technologies and Services (AMTS), Specialty Engineered Alloys (SEA), and Beryllium and Beryllium Composites and Engineered Material Systems. AMTS consists of Williams Advanced Materials Inc. (WAM) and Zentrix Technologies Inc. (Zentrix). SEA consists of Alloy Products, which includes bulk and strip form products, and beryllium hydroxide produced by Brush Resources Inc. (BRI). The Beryllium and Beryllium Composites segment consists of Beryllium Products and Brush Ceramic Products Inc. while the Engineered Material Systems segment consists of Technical Materials, Inc. (TMI).
ADVANCED MATERIAL TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICES
AMTS manufactures precious, non-precious, and specialty metal products, including vapor deposition targets, frame lid assemblies, clad and precious metal preforms, high temperature braze materials, ultra-fine wire, specialty inorganic materials, optics, performance coatings, and electronic packages. These products are used in wireless, semiconductor, photonic, hybrid, and other micro-electronic applications within the telecommunications and computer market. Other key markets for these products include medical, data storage, defense, security, and solar energy.
In 2009, the company purchased Barr Associates, Inc., based in Westford, Massachusetts, which supplies optical filters, optical reflectors and high-end coated products and devices in support of defense, space, and commercial applications for detection devices to aid in analysis and soldier protection.
In January 2010, the company purchased Academy Corporation, based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which supplies precious metal targets to the architectural glass, solar energy, medical, and microelectronics industries and has refining capabilities for reclaim of precious metals from secondary scrap markets.
AMTS products are sold directly from its facilities throughout the U.S., Asia and Europe, as well as through direct sales offices and independent sales representatives throughout the world.
The company's competitors include Sumitomo Metals, Heraeus Inc., Praxair, Inc., Honeywell International Inc., and Solar Applied Materials Technology Corp.
SPECIALTY ENGINEERED ALLOYS
SEA manufactures and sells three main product families: strip products, bulk products, and beryllium hydroxide. Strip products include thin gauge precision strip and thin diameter rod and wire. These copper and nickel beryllium alloys are used as connectors, contacts, switches, relays, and shielding. Major markets for strip products include telecommunications and computer, automotive electronics, appliance, and medical.
SEAs primary direct competitor in strip form beryllium alloys is NGK Insulators, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan, with subsidiaries in the United States and Europe. SEA also competes with alloy systems manufactured by Global Brass and Copper, Inc., Wieland Electric, Inc., Stolberger Metallwerke GmbH, Nippon Mining, and PMX Industries, Inc. the area of bulk products, in addition to NGK Insulators, Ltd., SEA competes with several smaller regional producers, such as International Beryllium Corp., LaBronze Industriel in Europe, and Young II in Asia.
BERYLLIUM AND BERYLLIUM COMPOSITES
Beryllium and Beryllium Composites manufactures beryllium-based metals and metal matrix composites in rod, sheet, foil, and customized forms at the Elmore, Ohio, and Fremont, California facilities. These materials are used in applications that require high stiffness and/or low density and they tend to be premium-priced due to their combination of properties. Defense and government-related applications, including aerospace, is the largest market for Beryllium and Beryllium Composites, while other markets served include medical, telecommunications and computer, electronics (including acoustics), optical scanning, and general industrial.
Beryllium-containing products are sold throughout the world through a direct sales organization and through company-owned and independent distribution centers. This segment also manufactures beryllia ceramics through Brush Ceramic Products Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary in Tucson, Arizona. Electronic components utilizing beryllia are used in the telecommunications, medical, industrial, and defense markets. These products are distributed through direct sales and independent sales agents.
The company's direct competitors include American Beryllia Inc. and CBL Ceramics Limited.
ENGINEERED MATERIAL SYSTEMS
Engineered Material Systems include clad inlay and overlay metals, precious, and base metal electroplated systems, electron beam welded systems, contour profiled systems, and solder-coated metal systems. These specialty strip metal products provide thermal, electrical, or mechanical properties from a surface area or particular section of the material. Major applications for these products include connectors, contacts, and semiconductors. It primarily serves automotive electronics, telecommunications, and computer and data storage markets.
Brush Engineered Materials, Inc. was founded in 1931.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Brush Engineered Materials Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Brush Engineered Materials Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BRUSH ENGINEERED MATERIALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Major Shareholders
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. History
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Offices and Representations
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?