- The report contains detailed information about Cirrus Logic Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cirrus Logic Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cirrus Logic Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cirrus Logic Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cirrus Logic Inc. business.
About Cirrus Logic Inc.
Cirrus Logic, Inc. develops analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) for a range of audio and energy markets. The company delivers products for consumer and commercial audio, automotive entertainment and targeted industrial and energy-related applications.
Markets and Products
The company offers analog and mixed-signal components, as well as audio digital signal processor (DSP) products for consumer, professional and automotive entertainment markets. Its products include analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), chips that integrate ADCs and DACs into a single IC (codecs), digital interface ICs, volume controls and digital amplifiers, as well as audio DSPs for consumer electronics applications, such as audio/video receivers (AVRs) and digital TVs, and CobraNet ICs and modules for networked audio applications. Its portfolio of approximately 250 active proprietary products includes various publicly available product.
The CS3511 is a stereo 10-watt analog-input Class-D audio amplifier IC suitable for consumer audio applications, such as active media speakers, docking stations, hybrid radios, flat-panel displays, and mini-shelf home stereo systems. The CS3511 uses a Delta Sigma modulator with a patented architecture and technologies to achieve ultra-low distortion and significantly reduced electromagnetic interference (EMI) compared to other stereo 10-watt Class-D amplifier ICs.
The companys products are used in a range of consumer applications, including AVRs, DVD and Blu-ray Disc players, home theater systems, set-top boxes, portable media players, smart phones, gaming devices, sound cards, and digital televisions. Applications for products with in professional markets include digital mixing consoles, multitrack digital recorders and effects processors. Applications for products with in automotive markets include amplifiers, satellite radio systems, telematics and multi-speaker car-audio systems. In networked digital audio applications, its proprietary CobraNet controller ICs and modules enable delivery of uncompressed digital audio over Ethernet networks, co-existing with standard Ethernet network data traffic.
The company provides high-precision analog and mixed-signal ICs for targeted energy control, energy measurement and energy exploration applications, as well as ICs, board-level modules, and hybrids from the Apex Precision Power brand of products for high-power PWM and power amplifier applications. It has approximately 450 active proprietary products, which include ADCs, DACs, linear amplifiers, PWM amplifiers, and successive approximation register (SAR) converters, and amplifier ICs. The companys products are used in a range of high-precision, energy measurement applications, including motor control, consumer utility, power measurement, energy exploration, and high-power systems.
The SA303-IHZ and SA53-IHZ, with in the companys Apex Precision Power product line, are pulse width modulated (PWM) ICs for driving three-phase brush and brushless DC motors.
The CS5374 is a fourth-generation IC that targets energy exploration applications that provides noise and distortion performance of 127 dB signal-to-noise rate and 118 dB THD (total harmonic distortion) delivering the high-precision performance needed for marine streamers used to detect potential sources of energy deep with in the ocean floor.
The PA107DP and MP103FC high-voltage, high-speed power amplifiers, part of the companys Apex Precision Power product line, deliver new levels of performance for the piezoelectric driver market. Both devices are operational with voltage supplies approximately 200 V. The PA107DP is an attractive option for driving piezos used in medical imaging and ultrasound applications, as well as programmable power supplies for the ATE market.
Sales and Customers
The company offers approximately 700 products to approximately 3,000 end-customers worldwide through both direct and indirect sales channels. Its major customers are electronics manufacturers. It derives its sales both domestically and from various locations across the world, including the Peoples Republic of China, the European Union, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom. The companys domestic sales force includes a network of regional direct sales offices located in California, Massachusetts, Ohio, Nevada, Illinois, North Carolina, and Texas. International sales offices and staff are located in France, Germany, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen in the Peoples Republic of China, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan and the United Kingdom. The companys customers include Apple Inc. and Avnet Inc.
The company and Freescale Semiconductor Inc. are working together to provide a proven, turnkey reference design for the growing digital utility meter market.
The companys principal competitors include AKM Semiconductor, Analog Devices, Austriamicrosystems, Freescale Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies, Linear Technologies, Maxim, NXP Semiconductor, ON Semiconductor, Realtek, ST Micro, Teridian Semiconductor, Texas Instruments/Burr Brown, and Wolfson Microelectronics.
Cirrus Logic, Inc. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cirrus Logic Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cirrus Logic Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cirrus Logic Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cirrus Logic Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cirrus Logic Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CIRRUS LOGIC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cirrus Logic Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cirrus Logic Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cirrus Logic Inc. Major Shareholders
Cirrus Logic Inc. History
Cirrus Logic Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cirrus Logic Inc. Offices and Representations
Cirrus Logic Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cirrus Logic Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cirrus Logic Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cirrus Logic Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Cirrus Logic Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cirrus Logic Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cirrus Logic Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cirrus Logic Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cirrus Logic Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cirrus Logic Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cirrus Logic Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cirrus Logic Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?