- The report contains detailed information about Broadcom Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Broadcom Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Broadcom Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Broadcom Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Broadcom Corp. business.
About Broadcom Corp.
Broadcom Corporation provides semiconductors for wired and wireless communications. The companys products enable the delivery of voice, video, data and multimedia to mobile devices, consumer electronics (CE) devices in the home and business networking products for the workplace, data centers, service providers and carriers. It provides software solutions to manufacturers of computing and networking equipment, CE and broadband access products, and mobile devices.
Segments and Broadcom Products
The company operates in three segments, including Broadband Communications, Mobile & Wireless, and Enterprise Networking.
The company designs, develops, and supplies a portfolio of products. Its semiconductor and software solutions are used globally by manufacturers and are embedded in a range of products for the home, the hand, and network infrastructure. The majority of its products are manufactured in 130 nanometer and 65 nanometer complementary metal oxide semiconductor, or CMOS, processes. Most new products are designed in 65 nanometer and 40 nanometer.
Broadband Communications Segment
This segment offers manufacturers a range of broadband communications and consumer electronics SoC solutions that enable voice, video, data and multimedia services over wired and wireless networks for the home. These highly integrated silicon solutions continue to enable the system solutions, which include broadband modems and residential gateways, digital cable, satellite and IP set-top boxes and media servers, high definition digital television and Blu-ray Disc players and recorders.
Broadband Modems and Residential Gateways
Cable Modems and Residential Gateways: The company offers integrated semiconductor solutions for cable modems and CMTS equipment, with a product offering for ultra high-speed data services to transmit voice, video, data and multimedia services to residential customers, enabling such services as video-on-demand. The companys cable modem SoC solutions include integrated circuits, reference design hardware and a software suite to support its customers needs and accelerate their time to market. Its cable modem SoCs provide levels of integration and performance that allow cable modem functionality to be provided by a small silicon core that can be incorporated into other consumer devices for broader distribution of IP-based services throughout the home. The company also offers residential broadband gateway solutions that bring together a range of capabilities, including those for cable modems, digital set-top boxes, home networking, VoIP and Ethernet connectivity.
DSL: Digital subscriber line technologies, commonly known as DSL, represent a family of broadband solutions. This provides bandwidth to send and receive information. The company provides DSL technology, with solutions designed for both customer premises equipment, or CPE, and central office applications. The companys DSL solutions enable local exchange carriers and enterprise networking vendors to deliver bundled broadband services, such as digital video, high-speed Internet access, VoIP, video teleconferencing and IP data business services, over existing telephone lines. For CPE applications, the company provides products that address various local area network connectivity options, including Ethernet, USB-powered solutions, VoIP-enabled access devices and wireless access points with multiple Ethernet ports. The companys central office solutions enable equipment manufacturers of digital subscriber line access multiplexers, or DSLAMs, and next generation digital loop carriers to offer a significant increase in the number of DSL connections that can be supported with in telecommunication companies tight heat, power and space constraints. The company also provides the inter-networking software that is enabling DSLAM technology to transition from Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) to Internet Protocol.
GPON: Gigabit Passive Optical Network, commonly known as GPON, represents a family of broadband solutions that provide data, voice and video services over fiber networks used by telecommunications service providers worldwide. The company provid
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BROADCOM CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BROADCOM CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BROADCOM CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BROADCOM CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BROADCOM CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Broadcom Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Broadcom Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Broadcom Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Broadcom Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Broadcom Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. BROADCOM CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BROADCOM CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BROADCOM CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BROADCOM CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BROADCOM CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BROADCOM CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Broadcom Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Broadcom Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Broadcom Corp. Major Shareholders
Broadcom Corp. History
Broadcom Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Broadcom Corp. Offices and Representations
Broadcom Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Broadcom Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Broadcom Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Broadcom Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Broadcom Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Broadcom Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Broadcom Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Broadcom Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Broadcom Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Broadcom Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Broadcom Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Broadcom Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?