- The report contains detailed information about PMC-Sierra Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PMC-Sierra Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PMC-Sierra Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PMC-Sierra Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PMC-Sierra Inc. business.
About PMC-Sierra Inc.
PMC-Sierra, Inc. engages in the design, development, marketing, and support of semiconductor solutions for the enterprise infrastructure market and the communications infrastructure market.
The company offers worldwide technical and sales support through a network of offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. It has approximately 350 different semiconductor devices that are sold to equipment and design manufacturers, who in turn supply their equipment principally to service providers, carriers, and enterprises globally.
Controllers: Controller products based on Fibre Channel, SAS and SATA enable the development of external and server-attached storage systems that meet the cost and capacity requirements of its customers.
Framers and Mappers: The framing function arranges the bits into different size formats, commonly referred to as cell or packet formats, and attaches the appropriate information to the formats to ensure they reach their destinations. In turn, this data may be inserted into other frames, such as SONET/SDH frames, for transmission across high-speed fibre optic networks.
Line Interface Units: These devices, also referred to as transceivers, transmit and receive signals over a physical medium, such as wire, cable, or fibre. The line interface unit determines the speed and timing characteristics of the signals, and may also convert them from a serial stream of data into a parallel stream before they are further processed for transmission to the next destination.
Microprocessor-based System-On-Chips (SOCs): These devices perform the high-speed computations that help identify and control the flow of signals and data in many different types of networking equipment used in the communications, storage and enterprise markets.
Packet and Cell Processors: These devices examine the contents of cells, or packets, and perform various management and reporting functions. For instance, a switch or router may use a packet or cell processor to determine if a signal is voice or video to allocate the proper amount of bandwidth for transmission.
Radio Frequency (RF) transceivers: The RF transceivers (also known as radios) transmit and receive broadband signals over the air using orthogonal frequency-division multiple access (OFDMA) based protocols and multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO) antenna technology.
Serializers/Deserializers: These devices convert and multiplex traffic between slower speed parallel streams and higher speed serial streams. The original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) use serial streams to reduce networking equipment line connections and parallel streams to allow them to apply traffic management technologies.
Communications Infrastructure: The Communications Infrastructure market encompasses wired, wireless and passive optical networking (PON) devices used in access, aggregation, and transport equipment, such as optical transport platforms, edge routers, multi-service switches, and wireless base stations that gather and process signals in different protocols, and transmit them to the next destination. Its solutions are used in equipment, such as aggregation, multi-service provisioning platforms, routers and optical transport platforms that gather and process signals in different protocols, and then transmit them to the next destination.
Enterprise Infrastructure: The companys products and solutions in the enterprise infrastructure market enable the high-speed interconnection of the servers, switches, and storage devices that comprise these systems. Its focus in this area is developing interconnect devices and controllers for fibre channel, serial attached SCSI (SAS), and serial ATA (SATA). The company is shipping next-generation solutions for 8 Gbps Fibre Channel controllers for storage systems in the storage area network (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS) markets, as well as 6 Gbps SAS/SATA controllers and expanders for this market. The company has also developed semiconductor and adaptor solutions for the 6 Gbps server-attached storage market. In another part of the enterprise infrastructure market, it provides integrated solutions for laser printers, switches and routers that are used by enterprises and small businesses to manage their data on an inter-office and intra-office basis. In the laser printer market, the company sells its microprocessors and integrated system-on-chip devices primarily into the mid-to high-end and multi-function segments of that market. It also has applications for network-attached storage for small and medium sized businesses.
The company's customers are located in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, including China, Japan, and Korea. The companys customers include Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco Systems Inc.; EMC Corp.; Fiberhome Networks Company Ltd.; Fujitsu Ltd.; Hewlett-Packard Company; Hitachi, Ltd.; Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.; Mitsubishi Electric Corp.; ZTE Corp; Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.; and Ricoh Company Ltd.
The company has supply agreements with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation and United Microelectronics Corporation.
The company's competitors include Altera Corp., Applied Micro Circuits Corp.; Broadcom Corp.; Cortina Systems, Inc.; Emulex Corp.; Exar Corp.; Infineon Technologies AG; Intel Corp.; LSI Corp.; Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.; Marvell Technology Group Ltd.; Mindspeed Technologies, Inc.; QLogic Corp.; and Xilinx, Inc.
PMC-Sierra, Inc. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PMC-SIERRA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PMC-SIERRA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PMC-SIERRA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PMC-SIERRA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PMC-SIERRA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PMC-Sierra Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PMC-Sierra Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PMC-Sierra Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PMC-Sierra Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PMC-Sierra Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PMC-SIERRA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PMC-SIERRA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PMC-SIERRA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PMC-SIERRA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PMC-SIERRA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PMC-SIERRA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PMC-Sierra Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PMC-Sierra Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PMC-Sierra Inc. Major Shareholders
PMC-Sierra Inc. History
PMC-Sierra Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PMC-Sierra Inc. Offices and Representations
PMC-Sierra Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PMC-Sierra Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PMC-Sierra Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PMC-Sierra Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
PMC-Sierra Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PMC-Sierra Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PMC-Sierra Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PMC-Sierra Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PMC-Sierra Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PMC-Sierra Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PMC-Sierra Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PMC-Sierra Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?