- The report contains detailed information about Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. business.
About Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of semiconductors, telecommunication products, home appliances, and digital media products.
The company operates in four segments: Digital Media, Telecommunication Network, Semiconductor, and LCD.
Digital Media business
The company's digital media business produces a range of products, including digital televisions with monitors; audio-visual devices, such as blu-ray disc player; and all-in-one colour printers. Its product lineup includes refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances.
Telecommunication Network business
The company offers a range of mobile phones, including 3G and multimedia phones, in addition to telecommunication systems. It also offers personal computers and MP3 players.
This segment consists of three major divisions: Memory, Large ScaIe Integration (LSI), and Storage. In the memory category, the company engages in the development of new memory devices, multichip packages, fusion memory; and the commercialization of nanotechnology. It operates in the dynamic random access memory (DRAM), static random access memory (SRAM), and flash markets. LSI division focuses on five main areas: display driver ICs (DDIs), smartcard chips for SIM cards, navigation application processors, CMOS image sensors, and systems-on-a-chip (SoCs) for media players. Storage division produces hard disk drives that provide high data storage capacity to both mobile devices and digital home appliances.
The LCD business produces panels for TVs, digital information displays, notebook PCs and desktop monitors, as well as various display panels for mobile products, such as mobile phones, game consoles, PDAs and MP3 players.
On June 26, 2009, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. has teamed up with Kraft Foods Inc. to build a new breed of 21st-century vending machines.
Uni-Pixel Inc. has a joint development agreement with Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Under terms of the agreement, UniPixel and Samsung would collaborate on advancing the development efforts around UniPixel's TMOS display technology.
Sandbridge Technologies, Inc. has partnered with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. to develop an LTE capable platform based on Sandbridge's technology. The LTE communication system is powered by Sandbridge's SB3500 flexible base band processor, a multi-core, multi-threaded, dynamically reprogrammable processor.
International Business Machines Corp., Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd. Infineon Technologies AG, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and STMicroelectronics NV have defined and are jointly developing a 28nm, high-k metal gate (HKMG), low-power bulk complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) process technology.
On April 23, 2009, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. has launched a joint venture with a sister company to produce light-emitting diodes (LED's) used mainly in TV's and other displays. SAMSUNG LED CO., a 50-50 joint venture with Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd., is based in Suwon, 46 km south of Seoul.
On May 18, 2009, Hynix Semiconductor Inc., LG Electronics Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and Silicon Image Inc. announced the formation of an industry consortium that promotes Serial Port Memory Technology (SPMT) for market adoption as an industry standard.
In July 2009, ARM, Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd., International Business Machines Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., and Synopsys Inc. announced an agreement to develop a technology enablement solution for the design and manufacture of mobile Internet-optimized devices.
Broadcom Corp., Cisco Systems Inc., DIRECTV Group Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. are forming an alliance to develop a specification for a full-featured 'pixel accurate' Remote User Interface (RUI) that would form the core of the new RVU technology.
The company and DiVitas Networks Inc. announced that, with support from Microsoft, have worked to enable enterprise-class fixed mobile convergence and unified communication on Samsung phones based on the Microsoft Windows Mobile platform.
On September 16, 2009, Paragon Software Group and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. announced that they have signed a partnership agreement to offer Paragon's mobile applications through Samsung's on-device Application Store www.samsungapps.com. Samsung mobile customers would be able to access the Application Store directly on their smartphones by simply selecting the Application Store icon.
On October 7, 2009, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. signed a deal with a Russian company to expand its supply of wireless Internet technology across Russia. The deal with Yota, a provider of the WiMAX service, would facilitate the expansion of wireless Internet connections to 38 additional Russian cities, the South Korean company.
On October 26, 2009, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. jointly announced the LTE IOT (Interoperability Test) in Europe in November to verify the interpretability of LTE network infrastructures and device terminals.
In November 2009, Unidym Inc. has entered into a joint development agreement with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., to jointly integrate carbon nanotube materials as the transparent conductive layer in display devices.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. was founded in 1938. The company was formerly known as Samsung Electronics Manufacturing and changed its name to Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd. in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH KOREA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. History
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?