- The report contains detailed information about Emulex Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Emulex Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Emulex Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Emulex Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Emulex Corp. business.
About Emulex Corp.
Emulex Corporation provides network convergence solutions that connect servers, storage, and networks within the data center.
The company designs, develops, and supplies host bus adapters (HBAs), converged network adapters (CNAs), network interface cards (NICs), mezzanine cards, pass-through modules (PTM), embedded storage switches, embedded bridges, embedded routers, input/output application specific integrated circuits (I/O ASICs), switch-on-a-chip ASICs, and connectivity management solutions.
The companys products support Internet Protocol (IP) and storage networking, including Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/IP, Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Fibre Channel, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). HSP include LightPulse HBAs, OneConnect Universal Converged Network Adapters (UCNAs), custom form factor solutions for original equipment manufacturer (OEM) blade servers, and ASICs. These products enable servers to connect to local area networks (LANs), storage area networks (SANs), and network attached storage (NAS) by offloading data communication processing tasks from the server as information is delivered and sent to the network.
Host Server Products
The companys Host Server Products include the development of chip level and board level server-based I/O adapters, including HBAs, CNAs, and mezzanine cards using technologies such as Fibre Channel, FCoE, iSCSI, and TCP/IP. Its adapters support a range of operating systems and host computer system interfaces, including Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) and PCI Express-based platforms. Its Fibre Channel HBA offerings include single, dual, and quad port adapters at throughput speeds of two Gb/s, four Gb/s, and eight Gb/s for use in enterprise, large, medium, and small-sized organizations.
The company offers OneConnect UCNAs to its Host Server Products family. Emulex HBAs and UCNAs are based upon the companys internally developed Fibre Channel input/output controllers (IOCs), as well as that of its technology partner ServerEngines. The companys IOCs are used in embedded I/O environments, such as disk and tape storage arrays and storage appliances.
Embedded Storage Products
The companys embedded storage products include the development of chip level, board level, and box level array based products that provide connectivity and protocol emulation functions. This includes embedded IOCs, I/O Processors (IOPs), switch-on-a-chip (SOCs), embedded bridges (FC/SATA/SAS), and embedded routers (FC/SATA/SAS). Emulex offers a portfolio of integrated, embedded storage networking products, providing customers a solution set for enterprise storage systems.
The companys embedded router and bridge products consist of chip and firmware solutions that emulate Fibre Channel or SAS devices. These products were added through its acquisition of Sierra Logic.
The companys ESP include its InSpeed, FibreSpy, SOC, bridge products, and router products. Embedded storage switches, bridges, routers, and IOCs are deployed inside storage arrays, tape libraries, and other storage appliances. It other category primarily consists of contract engineering services, legacy and other products.
Selling and Marketing
The company sells its products worldwide to OEMs, end users, and through other distribution channels including value added resellers (VARs), systems integrators, industrial distributors, and resellers.
The company has strategic relationship with Benchmark Electronics, Inc.; and Venture Corporation Limited.
In November 2010, Voltaire Limited announced that it is collaborating with Emulex Corp. to deliver 10GbE solutions to customers.
The companys distribution partners include Arrow ECS Denmark A/S (Arrow), Avnet, Inc. (Avnet), Bell Microproducts, Ltd. (Bell), Info X Distribution, LLC (Info X), Ingram Micro Inc. (Ingram Micro), Macnica Networks Corporation (Macnica), Netmarks Inc. (Netmarks), Tech Data Corporation (Tech Data), and Tokyo Electron Device Ltd. (TED).
The companys customers include Cisco Systems, Inc.; Compellent Technologies, Inc.; Dell Inc.; EMC Corporation; Fujitsu Ltd.; Groupe Bull; Hewlett-Packard Company; Hitachi Data Systems; Hitachi Limited; International Business Machines Corporation; LSI Corporation; NEC Corporation; Network Appliance, Inc.; Oracle America, Inc.; Quantum Corporation; Sun Microsystems, Inc.; Unisys Corporation; and Xyratex Ltd.
The company purchases ASIC components from sole source suppliers, including LSI Corporation; Marvell Technology Group Ltd.; Intel Corporation, ServerEngines Corporation (acquired on August 25, 2010), and Toshiba Corporation.
The companys competitors include QLogic Corporation. LSI Corporation, Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., PMC-Sierra, Inc., Broadcom Corporation, Intel Corporation, Chelsio Communications, Inc., and Mellanox Technologies, Ltd.
Emulex Corporation was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EMULEX CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EMULEX CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EMULEX CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EMULEX CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EMULEX CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Emulex Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Emulex Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Emulex Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Emulex Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Emulex Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. EMULEX CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EMULEX CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EMULEX CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EMULEX CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EMULEX CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EMULEX CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Emulex Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Emulex Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Emulex Corp. Major Shareholders
Emulex Corp. History
Emulex Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Emulex Corp. Offices and Representations
Emulex Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Emulex Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Emulex Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Emulex Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Emulex Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Emulex Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Emulex Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Emulex Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Emulex Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Emulex Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Emulex Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Emulex Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?