- The report contains detailed information about Valassis Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Valassis Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Valassis Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Valassis Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Valassis Communications Inc. business.
About Valassis Communications Inc.
Valassis Communications, Inc. operates as a media and marketing service company. The company provides its products and services to the masses or targeted audiences, providing its clients with blended media solutions, including shared mail and newspaper delivery. The company offers a national shared mail distribution network.
The company operates its business in four segments: Shared Mail; Neighborhood Targeted; Free-standing Inserts; and International, Digital Media, and Services.
The Shared Mail segment offers Shared Mail programs that combine the individual print advertisements of various clients into single shared mail package delivered primarily through the U.S. postal service (USPS); and Solo Mail and Other Products and Services consist of list procurement, addressing, processing, and the distribution of brochures and circulars for individual clients through the USPS.
The company distributes, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Valassis Direct Mail, Inc., shared mail advertising products to approximately 70 million U.S. households, primarily on a weekly basis through the USPS. The Shared Mail segment also includes solo mail and other products and services.
The company's client base for this segment consists principally of national and local grocers, restaurants, drug stores, discount and department stores, and home furnishing and other retailers.
Shared Mail programs combine the individual print advertisements of various clients into a single shared mail package delivered mainly through the USPS. Individual clients can select targeting levels by choosing all ZIP code zones, specific ZIP code zones, or sub-zip code zones; these sub-zip code zones average approximately 3,500 households.
The company's core Shared Mail program is published under its consumer brand name RedPlum. The RedPlum Shared Mail Package is a four-page, color booklet wrapped around individual print advertisements of various clients. Shared Mail handles clients orders directly and manages distribution of their advertising through its Allied National Network Extension, or A.N.N.E. a partnership of independent shared mail companies.
Solo mail and other products and services included in this segment consist of list procurement, addressing, processing, and the distribution of brochures and circulars for individual clients through the USPS. The company also provides ancillary services to complement its mail programs, such as list rental and provide direct mail advertising solutions for local neighborhood businesses utilizing an envelope format.
The Neighborhood Targeted segment provides customers with newspaper inserts, newspaper-delivered product sampling, newspaper polybag advertising, door hangers, and run of press (ROP). Media is the major cost component of the Neighborhood Targeted segment. The companys clients use the company to place Neighborhood Targeted advertising because of its ability to integrate ROP programs with its other products and services.
The company provides its clients with print and media placement of traditional free-standing solo insert formats, as well as specialty print promotion products in various customized formats. The company specializes in producing full-service promotions for a range of clients allowing orders to be placed on a national, regional, or local basis.
Polybag Advertising and Sampling
The company offers newspaper-delivered or direct-to-door sampling products that give manufacturers the ability to cover approximately 65 million households. Samples can either be machine-inserted into newspapers (Newspac), placed in a polybag around the newspaper, or pre-sealed in a pouch that forms part of the polybag (Newspouch). In addition, Brand Bag and Brand Bag+ offer clients the opportunity to deliver an impactful advertising message on a newspaper polybag without including a sample. The bags feature the clients advertising with the option of a weather-resistant tear-off coupon.
Run of Press (ROP)
The company offers its clients the ability to run their promotional advertising directly on the pages of newsp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Valassis Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Valassis Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Valassis Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Valassis Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Valassis Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Valassis Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Valassis Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Valassis Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Valassis Communications Inc. History
Valassis Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Valassis Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Valassis Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Valassis Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Valassis Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Valassis Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Valassis Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Valassis Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Valassis Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Valassis Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Valassis Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Valassis Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Valassis Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Valassis Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?