- The report contains detailed information about SuperMedia Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SuperMedia Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SuperMedia Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SuperMedia Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SuperMedia Inc. business.
About SuperMedia Inc.
SuperMedia Inc. provides media advertising programs to its clients and consumers in the United States.
The companys advertising mediums include SuperYellowPages, its print directories; Superpages.com, its online local search resource; SuperpagesDirect, its direct mailers; and Superpages Mobile, its information directory for wireless subscribers. In 2009, the company introduced to its clients and consumers a marketing program called SuperGuarantee. The SuperGuarantee program is a consumer focused program designed for consumers to find businesses they trust so that when a consumer chooses a client of SuperMedia they can count on them to do the job right or the company would step in and help to make it right.
In 2009, the company published approximately 1,200 distinct directory titles, consisting of directories that contain yellow pages, directories that contain white pages, directories that contain both white and yellow pages, smaller-sized companion directories, directories that include advertisements in both English and Spanish and directories in Spanish only. In addition to print directories, the company offers complementary enhancements that improve its advertisers reach and return on investment. The companys directories are designed to meet the advertising needs of local and national businesses and the information needs of consumers.
Yellow Pages Directories: The companys yellow pages directories provide a range of paid advertising options.
Listing Options: An advertiser may pay for listings in additional headings; pay to have listings highlighted or printed in bold or superbold text, increasing visibility; and/or purchase extra lines of text to include information, such as hours of operation, a Web site address or a detailed business description.
In-Column Advertising Options: For prominence on a page, an advertiser may expand its basic alphabetical listing by purchasing advertising space in the column in which the listing appears. In-column advertisement options include bolding, special fonts, color, and special features, such as logos.
Display Advertising Options: A display advertisement allows businesses to include a range of information, illustrations, photographs, and logos. Display advertisements are usually placed at the front of a heading, ordered first by size, and then by advertiser seniority. This ordering process provides an incentive to advertisers to increase the size of their advertisements and to renew their advertising purchases each year to ensure that their advertisements receive priority placement. Display advertisements range in size from a quarter column to as large as a two page spread.
Specialty Advertising: In addition, the company offers additional options that allow businesses to improve visibility or target specific types of consumers. The companys specialty advertising includes color coupons and special offers that enable advertisers to deliver promotional offers to consumers, via direct mail; advertising space in a variety of specialty guides included in its directories that list services by specialization or service area, including restaurant guides, home and improvement guides, and sports team-related guides; gatefold sections, cover tip-ons, cover advertising and specialty tabs that provide businesses with extra space to include more information in their advertisements; and a call measurement service, which uses metered telephone numbers to provide advertisers with information about the consumer responses to an advertisement.
White Pages Directories: The company has entered into a publishing agreement with Verizon under which it publishes and distributes these directories on behalf of Verizon in selected locations. Under the publishing agreement, the company provides a white pages listing free of charge to every residence and business with local wireline telephone service in the area, as well as a courtesy listing in the yellow pages for business clients. The listing includes the name, address and phone number of the residence or business unless the wireline client requests not to be listed or published. Advertisi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUPERMEDIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUPERMEDIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUPERMEDIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUPERMEDIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUPERMEDIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SuperMedia Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SuperMedia Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SuperMedia Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SuperMedia Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SuperMedia Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUPERMEDIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUPERMEDIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUPERMEDIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUPERMEDIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUPERMEDIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUPERMEDIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SuperMedia Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SuperMedia Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SuperMedia Inc. Major Shareholders
SuperMedia Inc. History
SuperMedia Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SuperMedia Inc. Offices and Representations
SuperMedia Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SuperMedia Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SuperMedia Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SuperMedia Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
SuperMedia Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SuperMedia Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SuperMedia Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SuperMedia Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SuperMedia Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SuperMedia Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SuperMedia Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SuperMedia Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?