- The report contains detailed information about World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. business.
About World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., an integrated media and entertainment company, engages in the development, production, and marketing of television and pay-per-view programming, and live events, and licensing and sale of branded consumer products.
The company operates in four segments: Live and Televised Entertainment; Consumer Products; Digital Media; and WWE Studios.
Live and Televised Entertainment
The Live and Televised Entertainment Segment includes ticket sales to live events, sales of merchandise at these live events, television rights, sales of television advertising and sponsorships, and pay-per-view and video on demand programming.
Live Events: The companys Raw Superstars travel as one touring show while its SmackDown and ECW Superstars travel together as a combined tour. In 2009, it held 268 live events throughout North America. The company holds its live events at major arenas across the country. In addition to providing the content for its television and pay-per-view programming, these events provide the company with a real-time assessment of the popularity of its storylines and characters. In 2009, it held 74 live events internationally, reaching approximately 600,000 fans.
Venue Merchandise: The companys venue merchandise business consists of the sale of various WWE-branded products at its live events, such as t-shirts, caps, and other novelty items, which feature its Superstars and/or its logo.
Television Programming: The company produces seven hours of original weekly programming, 52 weeks per year. This programming is distributed domestically, internationally and via WWE.com. Its domestic programs are Monday Night RAW on USA Network, Telemundo, mun2 and Universal HD; A.M. RAW on USA Network; Friday Night SmackDown on MyNetworkTV; ECW on the Syfy Channel; and WWE Superstars on WGN America. WWE programs reach 16.3 million total viewers during the average week. USA Network and the SyFy Channel are owned by NBC Universal.
Advertising: The company provides sponsorships in the U.S. domestic market to meet the needs of its advertisers. Through these sponsorships, it offers advertisers a range of its promotional vehicles, including Internet and print advertising, arena signage, on-air announcements, and pay-per-view sponsorship. In Canada, the company sells advertising in its programs rather than receive a rights fee.
Pay-Per-View Programming: The company provides pay-per-view programming. In 2009, it televised 14 live pay-per-view events. It produced 14 domestic pay-per-view programs in 2009. The company's international pay-per-view partners include SKY in the United Kingdom; Premiere in Germany; SKY Perfect TV! in Japan; SKY Italia in Italy; and Main Event in Australia.
WWE 24/7 Classics on Demand: WWE Classics On Demand is a subscription video on demand (SVOD) service that offers classic television shows, pay-per-view events, specials, and original programming for a monthly subscription fee. The company owns and controls the content from the vast libraries of such promotions as WCW, WCCW, and AWA. WWE Classics on Demand subscribers have access to approximately 40 hours of content each month. WWE Classics On Demand is distributed with 14 cable operators in the United States, making WWE Classics on Demand available to majority of video-on-demand enabled subscribers. Major North American distributors include Comcast Communications, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Cablevision, Mediacom, and Verizon Communications.
The Consumer Products Segment consists of the sale of WWE produced home videos and magazine publishing and royalties or license related to various WWE themed products, such as video games, toys, and books.
Licensing: The company has a worldwide licensing program using its World Wrestling Entertainment marks and logos, copyrighted works and characters on various retail products, including toys, video games, apparel, and books. It maintains licenses with approximately 160 licensees worldwide that provide products for sale at retailers. Videogames and toys represent important components of its licensing program.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Major Shareholders
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. History
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Offices and Representations
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?