- The report contains detailed information about Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. business.
About Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc.
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc., through its wholly owned subsidiary, Peoples Education, Inc. engages in the development and sale of its own proprietary products which are state-specific and standards-based, focused on state-required tests. The company also distributes other publishers products.
The company is a publisher and distributor of supplemental instructional materials for the kindergarten through high school sector (K12). It designs and produces materials in both print and digital formats, with an emphasis on Internet-based delivery. The company also distributes college preparation products developed internally, and by other publishers, and literacy products developed by other publishers.
The company's products are organized into three product groups: Test Preparation, Assessment, and Instruction Product Group; College Preparation Product Group; and Literacy Product Group.
TEST PREPARATION, ASSESSMENT, AND INSTRUCTION PRODUCT GROUP
Test Preparation and Assessment
The company creates and sells state-customized print and digital test preparation and assessment materials that help teachers prepare students for success in school and for required state proficiency tests, grades 112. The Measuring Up Test Preparation and Assessment print products are sold in 11 states. Measuring Up is positioned as standards-based, state-customized instruction, and classroom assessment, designed to be an integral part of a schools instructional program throughout the school year.
ePath Knowledge is a suite of online tools designed to meet needs of schools and districts. The companys primary offering, ePath Assess, provides formative assessment and ongoing progress-monitoring that allows educators to make data-driven decisions. ePath Discovery delivers immediate online standards-based instructional intervention for students. Practice Path provides a student-based interface for online standards and test-based skill building and practice. The ePath Knowledge suite of tools provides educators with online options to meet the needs of their students and teachers, while providing state customized content for assessment and instruction.
The company produces and sells proprietary state-customized print worktexts and print and Web-based delivered assessments, for grades 1-8. These products provide students with in-depth instruction and practice in reading, language arts, and mathematics. In addition, its backlist remedial and multicultural products are included in this group.
The company has two product lines within this group: Focused Instruction and remedial and multicultural related materials. Focused Instruction materials provide standards-based, state-specific supplemental instruction in particular subject areas, such as reading comprehension, mathematics problem solving, and vocabulary development. The company also sells its backlist remedial and multicultural materials.
COLLEGE PREPARATION PRODUCT GROUP
The company distributes and publishes instructional materials that meet the required academic standards for high school honors, college preparation, and advanced placement courses. The company has sales and marketing agreements with two major college publishers who do not have school divisions, to sell their books into the high school market. The distribution agreements cover all sales made to the K12 market, including each publisher's college products and certain trade and professional products. The company also develops its own proprietary college preparation supplements and ancillary materials.
LITERACY PRODUCT GROUP
The company distributes for three publishers, on an exclusive basis in the United States, supplemental literacy materials for grades K8. These materials include a selection of leveled reading materials; high-interest, engaging resources for striving readers; series that integrate reading, science, and social studies; and selections and strategies for students who are in the process of learning English.
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PEOPLES EDUCATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. History
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?