- The report contains detailed information about Belo Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Belo Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Belo Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Belo Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Belo Corp. business.
About Belo Corp.
Belo Corp. operates as a television company. The company owns 20 television stations, including ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, and MyNetwork TV (MNTV) affiliates, and their associated Web sites, in the United States. The company also owns two local and two regional cable news channels and holds ownership interests in two other cable news channels. Additionally, as of December 31, 2009, the company managed one television station through a local marketing agreement (LMA).
The company's stations are concentrated primarily in three high-population growth regions: Texas, the Northwest, and the Southwest. Six of the companys stations are located in the following four major metropolitan areas in the United States: ABC affiliate WFAA-TV in Dallas/Fort Worth; CBS affiliate KHOU-TV in Houston; NBC affiliate KING-TV and independent KONG-TV in Seattle/Tacoma; and Independent KTVK and The CW Network (CW) affiliate KASW-TV in Phoenix.
The company has a balanced portfolio of broadcast network-affiliated stations, with four ABC affiliates, five CBS affiliates, and four NBC affiliates, and one large-market station associated with each network. Its also owns two independent (IND) stations, two CW affiliates, two MNTV affiliates, and one FOX affiliate, and as of December 31, 2009, operates one additional CW affiliate through an LMA.
The company has network affiliation agreements with ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, and MNTV. Its network affiliation agreements generally provide the station with the exclusive right to broadcast over the air in its local service area all programs transmitted by the network with which the station is affiliated.
The company also owns two regional cable news operations, Texas Cable News (TXCN) in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and Northwest Cable News (NWCN) in Seattle/Tacoma, Washington, and two local cable news operations, 24/7 NewsChannel (24/7) in Boise, Idaho, and NewsWatch on Channel 15 in New Orleans, Louisiana. These operations provide news coverage in a 24-hour a day format using the news resources of the companys television stations in Texas, Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Louisiana. The company also operates, through joint ventures, two cable news channels in partnership with Cox Communications and other parties that provide local news coverage in Phoenix, Arizona (Arizona NewsChannel) and Hampton/Norfolk, Virginia (Local News on Cable). These cable news channels use the news resources of the television stations owned by the company in those markets.
In April 2010, Belo Corp., Cox Media Group, Inc., The E. W. Scripps Company, Fox, Gannett Broadcasting, Inc., Hearst Television, Inc., ION Television, Media General, Inc., Meredith Corp., Nation Broadcasting Corporation Public Company Limited, Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc. and Raycom Media, Inc. announced plans to form a standalone joint venture to develop a new national mobile content service.
Belo Corp. was founded in 1842.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BELO CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BELO CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BELO CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BELO CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BELO CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Belo Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Belo Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Belo Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Belo Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Belo Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. BELO CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BELO CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BELO CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BELO CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BELO CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BELO CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Belo Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Belo Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Belo Corp. Major Shareholders
Belo Corp. History
Belo Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Belo Corp. Offices and Representations
Belo Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Belo Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Belo Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Belo Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Belo Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Belo Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Belo Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Belo Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Belo Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Belo Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Belo Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Belo Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?