- The report contains detailed information about Westell Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Westell Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Westell Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Westell Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Westell Technologies Inc. business.
About Westell Technologies Inc.
Westell Technologies Inc., through its subsidiary, Westell, Inc., engages in the design and distribution of telecommunications products to telephone companies.
The company operates in three segments: Customer Networking Solutions (CNS) equipment, Outside Plant Systems (OSPlant Systems or OSP) equipment, (both segments, collectively, referred to as combined equipment segments or equipment segments) and ConferencePlus services segment.
In the CNS segment, the company designs, distributes markets, and services a range of carrier-class broadband products. The CNS family of broadband products enables high-speed transport and networking of voice, data, video, and other advanced services. The products allow service providers to deliver services, content, and applications over existing copper, fiber, coax, and wireless infrastructures.
CNS Products: The companys CNS products enable residential customers, small businesses, and small office/home office (SOHO) users to access and share broadband services on networked computers, telephones, cell phones, televisions, media players, and other networked devices.
LiteLine ADSL2+ Modem: Customer premises equipment connected to a telephone line, which has been configured to provide Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL and ADSL2+) service from the telephone company. The LiteLine is a plug-and-play device that connects to the end customer through a single Ethernet or USB port.
ProLine ADSL2+ manageable Modem/NAT Router: Similar in all ways to the LiteLine, the ProLine provides uses of allowing remote diagnostics, maintenance, software upgrades, and other remotely managed services.
VersaLink Gateway: A gateway device that combines an ADSL2+ modem along with wired Ethernet and WiFi networking features. Versions are also available without the ADSL2+ modem, for wireless and other service providers.
UltraLine Series3.Wireless Broadband.Home Router: Ultra high-speed delivers data, voice, IP video services, and advanced services and applications over various network access methods and home networking technologies, including fiber optic, copper, coax, WiFi, and Ethernet. UltraLine supports various wired and wireless broadband applications, high-speed IP data video services delivered over fiber optic networks.
In the OSP segment, the company designs, distributes, markets, and services a range of carrier-class digital transmission, remote monitoring, power distribution, and demarcation products. The companys OSP products offer next-generation outdoor cabinets, enclosures, power distribution panels, flexible edge connectors (fiber, Ethernet and coax), remote monitoring solutions, DS1, and DS3 transmission plugs.
The OSP also provides Customized Systems Integration (CSI) service. The companys customers include wireline service providers, wireless service providers, multiple systems operators (MSOs), integrated carrier, utility providers, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The power distribution and remote monitoring products are designed and provided through the companys Noran Tel subsidiary located in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
OSP Products: The companys OSP products provides the products to transport, maintain, and improve the services delivered over copper and fiber lines in the local access network.
T1 NIU-PM (Network Interface Unit with Performance Monitoring): T1 Network Interface Unit with Performance Monitoring stores circuit performance and maintenance information for a single T1 circuit. It provides a point of demarcation between the telephone company equipment and customers equipment on T1 circuits.
NIU Mountings: NIU Mountings are electronic enclosures with connectorized backplanes that house T1 NIU-PM units, and HDSL Remote Terminal cards, including other manufacturers, such as Adtran.
DS3 NIU-PM (Network Interface Unit with Performance Monitoring): DS3 Network Interface Units with Performance Monitoring, including a family of mountings.
VirtualEdge: A portfolio of standard 19 inches or 23 inches relay rack mount panels and wall mount enclosures designed with a mix and match architec
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Westell Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Westell Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Westell Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Westell Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Westell Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESTELL TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Westell Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Westell Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Westell Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Westell Technologies Inc. History
Westell Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Westell Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Westell Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Westell Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Westell Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Westell Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Westell Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Westell Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Westell Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Westell Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Westell Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Westell Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Westell Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Westell Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?