- The report contains detailed information about SanDisk Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SanDisk Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SanDisk Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SanDisk Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SanDisk Corp. business.
About SanDisk Corp.
SanDisk Corporation engages in the design, development, and manufacture of data storage solutions in various form factors using its flash memory, proprietary controller, and firmware technologies.
The companys solutions include removable cards, embedded products, universal serial bus (USB) drives, digital media players, wafers, and components. Its removable card products are used in a range of consumer electronics devices, such as mobile phones, digital cameras, gaming devices, and laptop computers. The companys embedded flash products are used in mobile phones, navigation devices, gaming systems, imaging devices, and computing platforms. For computing platforms, it provides high-speed, high-capacity storage solutions known as solid-state drives (SSDs) that can be used in lieu of hard disk drives in various computing devices.
Removable Cards: The companys removable data storage solutions are available in various consumer form factors. Its ultra-small microSD removable cards, available in capacities up to 16 gigabytes, are designed for use in mobile phones. The companys CompactFlash removable cards, available in capacities up to 64 gigabytes, are suited for a range of consumer applications, including digital cameras. Its professional products include the SanDisk Ultra and SanDisk Extreme product lines.
Embedded Products: The companys embedded products include its iNAND embedded flash product line, with capacities up to 64 gigabytes, which is designed to respond to the increasing demand for embedded storage for mobile phones and other portable devices. The company also offers high-capacity SSDs targeted for the personal computing and server markets in capacities up to 64 gigabytes.
USB Drives: The companys Cruzer line of USB Flash Drives (UFDs) are used in the computing and consumer markets, are available in capacities up to 64 gigabytes. Its Cruzer products provide the user with the ability to carry files and application software on a portable USB drive. The companys Professional and Enterprise line of UFDs are geared towards the corporate user and are specifically designed to support secure and authorized access to corporate information.
Digital Media Players: Sansa is its branded line of flash-based digital media players for the digital audio and video player market. Its Sansa models offer a removable card slot for storage capacity expansion and transportability of content between devices. Features within its Sansa line of products include FM radio, voice recording and support for various audio and video download and subscription services. Sansa media players are available in capacities of approximately 16 gigabytes. The company also sells slotMusic and slotRadio products.
Wafers and Components: In addition to finished products, the company also sells raw memory wafers and memory components in packaged format.
Primary End Markets
The companys products are sold to three primary end markets:
Mobile Phones: The company provides embedded and removable storage for mobile phones. It is a supplier of the microSD and Memory Stick Micro product lines of removable storage cards used in mobile phones. Multimedia features in mobile phones include camera functionality, audio/MP3, games, video, and Internet access.
Consumer: The company provides flash storage products to multiple consumer markets, including imaging, gaming, audio/video and global positioning system (GPS). Flash storage cards are used as the film for major brands of digital cameras. The companys cards are also used to store video in solid-state digital camcorders and to store digital data in various other devices, such as maps in GPS devices. In addition, portable game devices include advanced features that require high capacity memory storage cards and the company provides SD cards and Memory Stick PRO Duo cards that are specifically packaged for the gaming market. It also sells a line of digital media players with both embedded and removable memory under its Sansa brand with varying combinations of audio and video capabilities. The company also sells slotMusic cards and slotRadio which are preloaded with music conten
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SANDISK CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SANDISK CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SANDISK CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SANDISK CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SANDISK CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SanDisk Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SanDisk Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SanDisk Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SanDisk Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SanDisk Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SANDISK CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SANDISK CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SANDISK CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SANDISK CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SANDISK CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SANDISK CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SanDisk Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SanDisk Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SanDisk Corp. Major Shareholders
SanDisk Corp. History
SanDisk Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SanDisk Corp. Offices and Representations
SanDisk Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SanDisk Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SanDisk Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
SanDisk Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
SanDisk Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SanDisk Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SanDisk Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SanDisk Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
SanDisk Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
SanDisk Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SanDisk Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SanDisk Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?