- The report contains detailed information about Imation Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Imation Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Imation Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Imation Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Imation Corp. business.
About Imation Corp.
Imation Corp. engages in the development and marketing of recordable optical media, magnetic tape media, flash products, and consumer electronic products and accessories to customers in approximately 100 countries through its global distribution network.
Data Storage Products
The companys recordable optical media products consist of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray recordable media. It sells high capacity Blu-ray discs which are used primarily for recording high-definition video content. The companys recordable optical media products are sold through various retail and commercial distribution channels and sourced from manufacturers primarily in Taiwan and India. Optical storage capacities range from 650 megabyte CD-R (recordable) and CD-RW (rewritable) optical discs to 9.4 gigabyte (GB) double-sided DVD optical discs and Blu-ray discs with 25GB to 50GB of capacity. The companys optical media is sold throughout the world under brands it owns or controls, including Imation, Memorex, and TDK Life on Record, and under a distribution agreement for the Hewlett Packard brand.
The companys magnetic tape products consist of data storage tape media, audio and video tape products and floppy diskettes. Data storage tape media is used for back-up, business and operational continuity planning, disaster recovery, near-line data storage and retrieval and for mass and archival storage. Major application areas for magnetic tape products include enterprise data centers, network servers, and for the data storage needs of small to medium sized businesses. Native capacity of its tape products range approximately 10GB up to 1.6 terabytes (TB) per cartridge. The companys magnetic tape products are sold throughout the world under various brands. It also has agreements under which it distributes certain products under other brands, including IBM and Sun StorageTek. The company has introduced data protection products, such as the DataGuard rf Tape Tracking System and the Secure Scan system under the Imation brand. These products are designed to help fortune 1000 companies track and monitor the location and health of the data cartridges in their libraries.
The companys flash products consist of USB flash drives, solid state drives and flash cards. Its flash media is sourced from manufacturers in Asia and sold through various retail and commercial distribution channels worldwide. The company sells an amount of flash cards. Its product portfolio also includes Imation brand solid state drives (SSD) with capacities up to 128GB. SSD can replace traditional hard disk drives in computers and offer considerable speed and durability improvements. The companys flash products are sold throughout the world under its Imation, Memorex, and TDK Life on Record brands.
Consumer Electronic Products, Accessories and Other
The companys consumer electronic products and accessories consist of CD and DVD players, alarm clocks, portable boom boxes, MP3 players, Apple iPod and iPhone accessories, flat panel televisions, headphones, speakers, karaoke machines and gaming accessories sold under the Memorex, TDK Life on Record, and XtremeMac brands. The companys consumer electronic products and accessories are generally sourced from manufacturers throughout Asia.
The companys other products include external and removable hard disk drives. The Imation RDX removable hard disk cartridge is a tape replacement solution that includes high-capacity, rugged and removable 2.5-inch hard disk drive cartridges with 160GB to 500GB capacities.
The company has operations in the Americas, including North America, South America, and the Caribbean; Europe; and the Asia Pacific.
Customers, Marketing, and Distribution
The companys removable data storage media products are sold to businesses and individual consumers while its electronic products are sold primarily to individual consumers. Its products are sold through a combination of distributors, wholesalers, value-added resellers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and retail outlets. The company works with OEMs that develop or market tape drives, tape libraries, tape automation systems and servers with storage subsystems for various customer applications. OEMs include Sun Microsystems (purchased by Oracle), IBM, and Hewlett Packard.
The companys primary competitors in recordable optical media include Sony, Maxell, and Verbatim brands. Its primary competitors in flash media include SanDisk, Lexar, PNY, and Kingston brands. The companys primary competitors in magnetic tape media include Fuji, Sony, and Maxell brands. Its primary competitors in external and removable hard drives include Western Digital, Seagate, LaCie, Iomega, Buffalo Technology, I-O Data, Hewlett Packard, and Tandberg brands.
The companys competitors in the consumer electronic products market consist of various manufacturers and brands, including video brands, such as Samsung, Sony, LG, Toshiba, RCA and Vizio; and audio and accessories brands, such as iHome, Sony, Altec Lansing, and Griffin.
Imation Corp. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IMATION CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IMATION CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IMATION CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IMATION CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IMATION CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Imation Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Imation Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Imation Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Imation Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Imation Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. IMATION CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IMATION CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IMATION CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IMATION CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IMATION CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IMATION CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Imation Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Imation Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Imation Corp. Major Shareholders
Imation Corp. History
Imation Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Imation Corp. Offices and Representations
Imation Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Imation Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Imation Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Imation Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Imation Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Imation Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Imation Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Imation Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Imation Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Imation Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Imation Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Imation Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?