- The report contains detailed information about BSQUARE Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BSQUARE Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BSQUARE Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BSQUARE Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BSQUARE Corp. business.
About BSQUARE Corp.
BSQUARE Corporation provides software and engineering services to companies that develop smart devices and to companies that assist others in developing smart devices.
The company primarily focuses on smart devices that utilize embedded versions of the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems, specifically Windows CE, Windows XP Embedded, and Windows Mobile. It also provides software and engineering services to customers developing devices utilizing other operating systems, such as Android, Linux, and Symbian.
Third-Party Software Products
The company has multiple license and distribution agreements with third-party software vendors. Its ability to resell these third-party software products, whether stand-alone or in conjunction with its own proprietary software and engineering service offerings, provides its customers with a significant solution source for their smart device project needs.
The company is a Microsoft authorized Value-Added Provider (VAP) of Windows Embedded operating systems and toolkits for Windows CE, Windows XP/NT Embedded, Windows XP Professional with Embedded Restrictions, Windows Server with Embedded Restrictions, Windows XP Embedded for Point of Sale, and Microsoft Classic operating systems with Embedded restrictions, including DOS and Windows 98/2000/ME/NT. The company is authorized to sell Windows Embedded operating systems in North America, including Mexico.
The company is a Microsoft authorized VAP of Windows Mobile operating systems. Along with Windows Mobile operating systems, it also has the ability to sell the Microsofts Office Mobile and other products along with Windows Mobile.
The company is an authorized distributor for Adobe Flash Lite technology. It has the right to distribute Adobe Flash Lite licenses to OEMs and ODMs and others worldwide.
The company is an authorized distributor of McAfees Embedded Security product to OEMs in North America. It sub-licenses and resells other third-party software, such as Datalight Inc.s FlashFX and Reliance products.
Proprietary Software Products
CountDown: CountDown is a software testing automation tool that provides customers with a test solution that brings together everything necessary to test smart devices, including tools to create and manage test cases, a platform that allows teams to collaborate on test development, an execution environment that enables tests to be executed on the smart device and capture results, and a reporting tool that allows customers to analyze test results.
TestQuest Pro: TestQuest Pro is the original TestQuest test automation tool. TestQuest Pro is used to test embedded systems, including digital entertainment, telecom/datacom, military/aerospace and medical devices, as well as automation systems for industry, retail, offices, buildings and homes.
SDIO HxSDIO (Secure Digital Input Output): It is a format that allows very small form-factor peripheral and memory cards to be used with smart devices.
SchemaBSP: SchemaBSP offers a three-step process that, when used in conjunction with Microsoft Platform Builder, reduces Windows CE board bring-up time by approximately 40%.
TI Windows CE BSP: The company worked with Texas Instruments to create the standard Board Support Package (BSP) for the TI OMAP 35XX and 37XX family of processors which is used in various mobile and embedded device designs.
Engineering Service Offerings
The companys service offerings include software and hardware design and development services; platform development systems integration; Radio Interface Layer (RIL) development and testing; application, middleware and multimedia software development; Adobe Flash Lite Player porting and Flash User Interface development; quality assurance and testing services; hardware design, prototype and product development services; device solution strategy consulting; mechanical and ID design services; technical support; implementation services; and training.
During 2009, the companys international operations outside of North America consisted principally of operations in Taipei, Taiwan. The company has a limited sales and/or support presence in the United Kingdom, Japan, China, and India. The company also has a partner in India that provides contract engineering services.
The companys customers include original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), original design manufacturers (ODMs), and enterprises, as well as silicon vendors (SVs) and peripheral vendors which purchase its software and engineering services for purposes of facilitating processor and peripheral sales to its customer categories. In the case of enterprises, its customers include those which develop, market, and distribute smart devices on their own behalf, as well as those that purchase devices from OEMs or ODMs and require additional device software or testing. The software and engineering services the company provides are utilized and deployed throughout various phases of its customers device life cycle, including design, development, customization, quality assurance, and deployment.
Representative customer relationships include Ford Motor Company; Hon Hai Corporation; Micros Systems, Inc.; The Coca-Cola Company; Microsoft Corporation; Motorola, Inc.; Texas Instruments; Freescale; Intel; Research in Motion Limited (RIM); SanDisk Corporation; Qualcomm Inc.; Google Inc.; and Federal Express Corporation.
The company faces competition from engineering service firms, including off-shore development companies, such as Intrinsyc, Adeneo, Teleca, and Wipro; and Microsoft embedded operating system distributors, such as Arrow and Avnet.
On July 2, 2010, BSQUARE Corp. announced that it has agreed with Ford Motor Co. to establish a Telematics Competency Center.
BSQUARE Corporation was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BSQUARE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BSQUARE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BSQUARE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BSQUARE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BSQUARE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BSQUARE Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BSQUARE Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BSQUARE Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BSQUARE Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BSQUARE Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. BSQUARE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BSQUARE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BSQUARE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BSQUARE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BSQUARE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BSQUARE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BSQUARE Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BSQUARE Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BSQUARE Corp. Major Shareholders
BSQUARE Corp. History
BSQUARE Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BSQUARE Corp. Offices and Representations
BSQUARE Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BSQUARE Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BSQUARE Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
BSQUARE Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
BSQUARE Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BSQUARE Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BSQUARE Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BSQUARE Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
BSQUARE Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
BSQUARE Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BSQUARE Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BSQUARE Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?