- The report contains detailed information about Oplink Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Oplink Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Oplink Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Oplink Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Oplink Communications Inc. business.
About Oplink Communications Inc.
Oplink Communications, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of optical networking components and subsystems.
The company provides approximately 350 different products that are sold as components or are integrated into custom solutions. It provides customers with optical subsystems and components that are used for bandwidth creation, bandwidth management and transmission products. The companys products and solutions can be applied to all segments of the fiber optic network infrastructure, including long-haul networks, metropolitan area networks (MANs), local area networks (LANs), wireless backhaul and fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) networks.
The company provides its solution and products to the exacting requirements of the worlds optical networking equipment companies, and work closely with customers during the product design and development cycle. Its product portfolio includes solutions for next-generation, all-optical dense and coarse wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM and CWDM, respectively), optical amplification, switching and routing, monitoring and conditioning, fiber interconnect/termination/distribution and line transmission applications. The companys addressable markets include long-haul networks, MANs, LANs, wireless backhaul, and FTTH networks. The companys customers include telecommunications, data communications and cable TV equipment manufacturers located worldwide.
As a photonic foundry, the company provides design, integration and optical manufacturing solutions (OMS) for components and subsystem manufacturing at its principal in-house design, service and manufacturing facility in Zhuhai, China and through its contract manufacturer in Dongguan, China. Its optical manufacturing solutions (OMS) customers include telecommunications, data communications and cable TV equipment manufacturers located worldwide.
The companys product portfolio also includes optical transmission products, including fiber optic transmitters, receivers, transceivers and transponders. Optical transmission products convert electronic signals into optical signals and back into electronic signals, thereby facilitating the transmission of information over fiber optic communication networks. The companys optical transmission products are used primarily in MAN, LAN, wireless backhaul, and FTTH applications. The companys transmission products are engineered with varying levels of integration to suit customers. It also provides transceivers with build-in transmit and receive optical multiplexing and demultiplexing optical filters so only a single fiber or connector interface is needed for bi-directional optical transmission.
Products and Technologies
The company provides a line of fiber optic subsystems and components designed to satisfy the needs of communications equipment suppliers. It categorizes its products by the functionalities provided with in a network, namely, bandwidth creation, bandwidth management, optical interconnect, and transmission products.
Bandwidth Creation Products
Communications equipment suppliers use its bandwidth creation products to expand the capacity and/or extend the coverage of their customers networks. Other bandwidth creation products enable optical signals to travel along network architectures, such as mesh networks and metro networks, or enable optical signals to travel greater distances over traditional long haul networks.
Wavelength Expansion Products
In fiber optic communications, different signals are transmitted over multiple wavelengths. The company offers wavelength expansion products that are designed to enable the combination and separation of a particular wavelength in all parts of the network, including emerging access and metro networks and traditional long haul networks. Wavelength expansion products include wavelength multiplexing (combining), de-multiplexing (separating), and wavelength interleaving.
Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexers (DWDM): It is a solution for scalable and protocol independent bandwidth creation. The companys DWDM module and subsystem solutions are derived from a range of technologies, including thin film filters
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Oplink Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Oplink Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Oplink Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Oplink Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Oplink Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Oplink Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Oplink Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Oplink Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Oplink Communications Inc. History
Oplink Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Oplink Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Oplink Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Oplink Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Oplink Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Oplink Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Oplink Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Oplink Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Oplink Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Oplink Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Oplink Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Oplink Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Oplink Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Oplink Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?