- The report contains detailed information about Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. business.
About Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc.
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. develops and manufactures electronic devices used for vapor analysis. It markets its products through distribution channels in approximately 20 countries.
The zNose is a vapor detector that uses a sensor based on Surface Acoustic Wave technology. The zNose inhales a particular fragrance, vapor or odor. The fragrance, vapor or odor is carried up through a column and the chemicals making up the fragrance, vapor or odor condense on the crystal surface of the sensor in the zNose.
The zNose analyzes and identifies vapor specimens in a two-step process. In the first step, typically lasting 10 seconds, the instrument collects a small sample of the vapor to be analyzed. The sample is then injected in to the gas chromatography column where the individual chemicals present are separated and measured. The chemical analysis requires as little as 10 seconds to produce the vapor's chemical signature, or chromatogram. The vapor's chemical signature can also be visually displayed in a graphic form called a VaporPrint. This chemical signature is then compared against the reference database of chemical odor profiles.
The company manufactures and sells three zNose models designated as Model 4200 (Handheld Unit), Model 4300 (Portable Unit) and Model 7100 (Bench Top Unit). Model 4200 is designed for portability and for applications requiring vapor screening in the field. Model 4300 is also designed for portability and can operate outdoors with the same capabilities of Model 4200 without the need for an external power source. Model 7100 is designed for laboratory testing and is used for testing water and product quality control samples. Both Model 4200 and Model 7100 weigh approximately 27 pounds. Model 4300 weighs approximately 24 pounds, not including the laptop computer, but also includes a battery charger that weighs approximately 8 pounds.
The company offers several lines of accessory products such as calibration devices, sample desorbers, MicroSense Software, and GPS receivers. Its Model 3100 provides a calibrated vapor source as well as a tool for extracting vapors from solid and liquid samples.
Sales and Distribution
The company sells its zNose product through distribution channels including equipment distributors and sales representatives both in the U.S. and in approximately 20 foreign countries, e-commerce, customer referrals, and GSA contracted suppliers. The company entered into an agreement with eScreen Sensor Solutions to be a distributor in Israel, the Caribbean, the State of Florida, and Central and South America.
The companys principal suppliers of components and raw materials include: Sigma Aldrich Co. of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, American Precision of Chatsworth, California, Machine Works LLC of Santa Paula California, Clayton Controls of Costa Mesa, California, and Syncor Industries, Inc. of Ventura, California.
The companys domestic customers include Security Pro USA, Proctor & Gamble, Rubbermaid Home Products, and S.C. Johnson. Major international customers include Beijing R&D Technology Company Ltd. in China, Petroleum Services Co. in Kuwait, Dynex Technologies in the Czech Republic and Brechbuhler, AG in Switzerland.
The company has another set of competitors manufacturing portable vapor and odor analysis products for the instrumentation market from major corporations such as Agilent Technologies, Inc.; Perkin-Elmer, Inc.; and Varian, Inc.
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ELECTRONIC SENSOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Major Shareholders
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. History
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Offices and Representations
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Electronic Sensor Technology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?