Occam Networks Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Occam Networks Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Occam Networks Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Occam Networks Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Occam Networks Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Occam Networks Inc. business.
About Occam Networks Inc.
Occam Networks, Inc. develops, markets, and supports broadband access products designed to enable telecom service providers to offer bundled voice, video, and high speed internet, or Triple Play, services over both copper and fiber optic networks.
The company's main product line is the Broadband Loop Carrier, or BLC, an integrated hardware and software platform that uses Internet Protocol, or IP, and Ethernet technologies to increase the capacity of local access networks, enabling the delivery of Triple Play services. The company also offers a family of Optical Network Terminals, or ONTs for fiber optic networks, remote terminal cabinets, and professional services.
BLC 6000 System: The BLC 6000, the companys primary product line is an advanced broadband access platform that increases the capacity of local access networks and allows telecom service providers to deliver Triple Play services to their subscribers. The BLC 6000 is an integrated platform that performs functions that have traditionally been delivered by separate voice, video, DSL access, fiber optic access, and data networking products. The BLC platform has a modular design composed of a central housing unit, or chassis, and a variety of electronic assemblies or blades to support various services or features. Main elements of the system include
Blades: The company offers a variety of blades that transmit traffic upstream and downstream, interconnect various networks and convert circuit-switched voice traffic to VoIP, among other functions. Its blades support Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, GPON, ADSL2Plus, and standard telephone service, or POTS.
Chassis: The companys chassis house blade products, perform cooling, power and cable distribution and are offered in two model types. The BLC 6001 chassis houses a single blade and can be deployed as a standalone unit for low-capacity applications or stacked for medium-capacity applications. The BLC 6012 chassis houses up to 12 blades for deployment in high-capacity applications.
OccamView: OccamView is a distributed element management system that allows customers to remotely manage Triple Play services from any secure web browser. OccamView features an open architecture that can be integrated into a variety of telecom network management systems.
Optical network terminals: The companys ON 2300 and ON 2400 series of optical network terminals, or ONTs, reside at either residential or business locations and terminate active Gigabit Ethernet or Gigabit PON FTTP services delivered by the BLC platform. It has introduced two families of ONTs for residential and business applications.
Remote terminal cabinets: The company offers a series of remote terminal cabinets that house BLC platform and protect the system from harsh environmental conditions. It sources these cabinets from third parties who integrate BLCs with a variety of accessory devices into the cabinets. The company offers its customers versions for low-, medium- and high-density deployments in a variety of geographical areas.
The companys direct sales activities are focused on the North American independent operating company, or IOC, segment of the telecom service provider market. It has expanded sales activities to include the Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Caribbean, Latin America, the Pacific Islands and certain other international locations. As of December 31, 2009, the company shipped BLC platform to approximately 350 telecommunications customers.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys major customer included Goldfield Telecom, a value-added reseller and network operator.
The companys competitors include Alcatel-Lucent SA, Motorola, Tellabs, and ADTRAN Inc.
Occam Networks, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Occam Networks Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Occam Networks Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Occam Networks Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Occam Networks Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Occam Networks Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OCCAM NETWORKS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Occam Networks Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Occam Networks Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Occam Networks Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Occam Networks Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Occam Networks Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Occam Networks Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Occam Networks Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Occam Networks Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Occam Networks Inc. Major Shareholders
Occam Networks Inc. History
Occam Networks Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Occam Networks Inc. Offices and Representations
Occam Networks Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Occam Networks Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Occam Networks Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Occam Networks Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Industry Industry Statistics
Occam Networks Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Occam Networks Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?