- The report contains detailed information about Mesa Laboratories Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mesa Laboratories Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mesa Laboratories Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mesa Laboratories Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mesa Laboratories Inc. business.
About Mesa Laboratories Inc.
Mesa Laboratories, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of instruments and disposable products utilized in connection with industrial applications and healthcare.
The company, for industrial applications, which includes pharmaceutical, food and beverage, medical devices, and petrochemical, markets the DATATRACE data logging systems, NUSONICS Concentration Analyzers, Pipeline Interface Detectors and Flow Meter products, TORQO motorized torque testing system, and RAVEN and SGM BIOTECH Biological Indicators. For healthcare applications, the company markets Dialysate Meters used in kidney dialysis and RAVEN and SGM BIOTECH Biological Indicators, which are used by hospitals and dental offices to assure sterility.
DATATRACE Data Loggers
The DATATRACE products are self-contained, wireless, data loggers that are used in critical manufacturing, quality control, and transportation applications. They are used to measure temperature, humidity, and pressure inside a process or inside a product during manufacturing. In addition, the DATATRACE products would be used to validate the proper operation of laboratory or manufacturing equipment, either during its installation or for annual re-certifications. The product line consists of individual data loggers, PC interface and software, and various accessories. A customer purchases various data loggers along with a single PC interface and the software package. Specifically, the customer can purchase either the wireless Micropack III (MPIII) data loggers or the Micropack Radio Frequency (MPRF) transmitting data loggers. Both DataTrace models work with the Data Trace Radio Frequency (DTRF) software package.
RAVEN Biological Indicators
The RAVEN product line consists of Biological Indicators (BI) and Chemical Indicators (CI) used to assess effectiveness of the sterilization processes, including steam, gas (such as ethylene oxide), and radiation. BIs consist of resistant spores of certain microorganisms which are applied on a convenient substrate. RAVENs line of BIs includes both spore strips, which require post-processing transfer to a growth media, self-contained products which have the growth media already pre-packaged in crushable ampoules, industrial use BIs, and culture media. CIs are similar to BIs, except that a chemical change (generally determined by color) is used to assess the exposure to sterilization conditions. BIs and CIs are often used together to monitor processes. RAVEN products are used to validate equipment and monitor the effectiveness of a process in industrial or healthcare setting which uses sterilization. Primary markets for RAVEN include healthcare, such as dental offices and hospitals, and industrial, such as medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing. Raven has expanded its industrial product line by adding a biological indicator product for Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) gas decontamination/sterilization. ProTest, Ravens self-contained biological indicator for steam, is cleared to be used in flash cycles, which are important in healthcare and clinical settings for the immediate sterilization of instruments.
In addition to Biological and Chemical Indicators, the company offers contract and testing services to industrial companies for the development of sterilization processes. These testing services include organism identification, population verification, sterilization process development, and custom BI production.
SGM BIOTECH Biological Indicators
In April 2010, the company acquired SGM Biotech, Inc. of Bozeman, Montana. The SGM BIOTECH product line consists of Biological Indicators (BI) used to assess the effectiveness of sterilization processes, including steam, gas (such as ethylene oxide), and radiation. BIs consist of resistant spores of certain microorganisms which are applied on a convenient substrate. In use, the BI is exposed to a sterilization process and then tested to determine the presence of surviving organisms. SGM BIOTECHs line of BIs includes both spore strips, which require post-processing transfer to a growth media, self-contained products which have the growth media already pre-pack
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MESA LABORATORIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MESA LABORATORIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MESA LABORATORIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MESA LABORATORIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MESA LABORATORIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mesa Laboratories Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mesa Laboratories Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mesa Laboratories Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mesa Laboratories Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mesa Laboratories Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MESA LABORATORIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MESA LABORATORIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MESA LABORATORIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MESA LABORATORIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MESA LABORATORIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MESA LABORATORIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Major Shareholders
Mesa Laboratories Inc. History
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Offices and Representations
Mesa Laboratories Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mesa Laboratories Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mesa Laboratories Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mesa Laboratories Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mesa Laboratories Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mesa Laboratories Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?